Beckham to Rams?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im kinda interested in seeing this happen: Why?

football is a team game. Very curious what happens when you put all those stars on the same team, with a pretty young HC

in the NBA i think these all star teams can work, because there are only 5 guys on the floor, and if 3 of them are superstars -- that is still plenty of touches with something like 70 offensive possessions a game

but football? Is OBJ going to be happy with Todd Gurley getting the majority of the touches? it goes on and on.....

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Define Rams team: "The newly again improved no weakness all super studded Dream Team Gen Z"

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they trade for OBJ, they will have added 4 of the biggest head cases in the league along with Suh, Talib, and Peters. It can work for one season, but these players will go sideways at some point.
teams in the past have tried this mass free agency additions to the team and it rarely works out.

that team on paper is scary though

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I said it yesterday, but I don't trust Goff/McVay to be able to reign these guys in. I could see it exploding.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I said it yesterday, but I don't trust Goff/McVay to be able to reign these guys in. I could see it exploding.
Winning cures everything. If they hit a rough patch of losses is when they could implode. Still think Wade can tame those guys on defense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Im all for LA getting OBJ. That locker room is going to be highly combustible with too many divas, dirty players, and strong personalities. I didn't post the Dream Team video for nothing. That Eagles team was, without question, the biggest disappointment in NFL history given the talent; and once things went sideways, they never recovered.

Plus, they lose draft capital.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Winning cures everything. If they hit a rough patch of losses is when they could implode. Still think Wade can tame those guys on defense.

In general, yes... but a good point was made. If Gurley is getting the ball too much, what effect is that going to have on OBJ? Hell, even worse - what if Goff slumps? Then you'll have a complaining OBJ and a defense that could be mad about the offense not holding up their end of the bargain.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the Cards were making the exact same moves . . . we'd be celebrating.

Even if these additions to the Rams turn the team into a group meeting of 'One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' they should have enough talent to beat up on the Cards, Seahags, and Whiners.

All those personalities will go haywire when they lose a big game. (Visualize Suh, Butler, Talib going nuclear on Beckham after he blows the game)

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
In general, yes... but a good point was made. If Gurley is getting the ball too much, what effect is that going to have on OBJ? Hell, even worse - what if Goff slumps? Then you'll have a complaining OBJ and a defense that could be mad about the offense not holding up their end of the bargain.
Ya...I don't see that. Goff threw for over 3,800 yards last year, and the PA game with Gurley can only help OBJ. Goff could certainly slump, but OBJ will get his targets regardless. I think there's a very slim chance of the Rams actually getting him, but it's crazy how aggressive they've been thus far, and they could still pick up some good players in the draft.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams need to then sign Dez when the Cowpies get around to cutting him. Can't wait to see the UFC match along the sidelines.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ya...I don't see that. Goff threw for over 3,800 yards last year, and the PA game with Gurley can only help OBJ. Goff could certainly slump, but OBJ will get his targets regardless. I think there's a very slim chance of the Rams actually getting him, but it's crazy how aggressive they've been thus far, and they could still pick up some good players in the draft.
Goff had a poor rookie year and McVay was still calling out offensive protections for him at the line via the headset. Gurley accounted for 788 of that passing yardage... if he gets knicked up, can Goff cover it with better weapons?

It's just a wait and see for me. They look very dangerous on paper, but those personalities are a powder keg waiting to go off at the slightest misstep.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OBJ is a goofball and borderline psychotic (at least on the playing field). Great talent, no doubt, but he is just too crazy acting to make him worth it IMO.

Plus, he seems a bit injury prone lately.

Good luck Rams if you pull this trade off, you will need it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏Verified account@AdamSchefter
Giants have asked for at least two first-round picks in return for Odell Beckham Jr., a league source tells ESPN, even though team insists it is not shopping him.

Doesn’t mean they get it, or close to it, or even trade OBJ. But they have asked for at least two first-round picks.

That is a reasonable ask. May be they settle for and first rounder and a second rounder this year and a fourth next year?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is he getting suspended? There was that video not too long ago holding a blunt with a pizza while a chick was cutting up lines. Did that get resolved?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBJ is a goofball and borderline psychotic (at least on the playing field). Great talent, no doubt, but he is just too crazy acting to make him worth it IMO.

Plus, he seems a bit injury prone lately.

Good luck Rams if you pull this trade off, you will need it.

Not lately has always had the injury bug... Hammys regularly an issue too

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Keim drafts Reddicks/ Coopers with these picks. I would take Beckham for that, just on the fact Keim sucks at the draft and Fitz is going to be gone. OBJ, Fits and DJ you guys are crazy, to not want that

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏Verified account@AdamSchefter
Giants have asked for at least two first-round picks in return for Odell Beckham Jr., a league source tells ESPN, even though team insists it is not shopping him.

Doesn’t mean they get it, or close to it, or even trade OBJ. But they have asked for at least two first-round picks.

I always think it's funny when draft picks are thrown out for trade value or in relation to signing a franchise tagged player. The difference between the Browns two firsts this year and Pats 2018 first and 2019 first are incredible. I know what they are getting at, but this source only tells me that they want a LOT!

This wasn't in anyway a shot a you, Ronin. Just a pet peeve of mine. I love all your updates!

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It appears that some teams take winning a championship seriously. Wish the Cards were one of them.