Beanie Wells' replacement at Ohio St.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Thought you were serious about a fine student-athlete from Miami area like Anquan...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought you were serious about a fine student-athlete from Miami area like Anquan...

I am guessing you weren't a geography major.

Yup. We are all scumbag criminals in South Florida, aren't we?

Skorpp has a perpetual ***** against Miami, but where does your rip come from?

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess the miami area stretches throughout the entire state of florida now.

Ohio st is falling apart w/o Beenis. He must be good!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We should all be so lucky....

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Why do you a problem with anyone that comes from Miami? This time it has nothing to do with the school, either.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
typical ESPN reporting,going for the sesnationalism headline. Here's the whole story. He was in the car with friends,there was a bag of pot,nobody admitted that it was theirs, therefore by Florida law, all the peope in the car were charged with possessionA buddy of mine is a former state prosecutor(now a defense attorney) told me the term they use for what the charges are but i can't remember it. Anyway, the main thing is in a few months, the charges will almost certainly be dropped. Now is Berry stupid for being in that situation? Of course,but let's not make him out to be some type of Lawrence Phillips or Willie Williams(there's a Miami recruit for you :D) based on an ESPN headline. Plus, he's no sure thing to be Beanie's replacement. The more likely freshman is also from Florida, Carlos Hyde, in that he's a big back with speed.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the off-season. Just yanking some chains. Fine language wally.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Aww.. c'mon,
Florida even has it's own tag on Fark, It's not like he's the only one ripping on em.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
typical ESPN reporting,going for the sesnationalism headline. Here's the whole story. He was in the car with friends,there was a bag of pot,nobody admitted that it was theirs, therefore by Florida law, all the peope in the car were charged with possessionA buddy of mine is a former state prosecutor(now a defense attorney) told me the term they use for what the charges are but i can't remember it. Anyway, the main thing is in a few months, the charges will almost certainly be dropped. Now is Berry stupid for being in that situation? Of course,but let's not make him out to be some type of Lawrence Phillips or Willie Williams(there's a Miami recruit for you :D) based on an ESPN headline. Plus, he's no sure thing to be Beanie's replacement. The more likely freshman is also from Florida, Carlos Hyde, in that he's a big back with speed.

What is it that Willie Williams did?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hate to judge a kid I've never heard of but the story you're describing happened a couple of years ago with OJ Mayo in West Virginia. Same thing none of the kids would claim the pot so they all got arrested, couple of days later 2 came forward claiming it was theirs, Mayo got off, and I'm sure those 2 guys got a nice check when Mayo signed his first NBA contract.

It's very similar to the marshawn lynch case where he decided that a hit and run was better than staying at the scene and getting hit with a DUI. In that situation most people who use pot are going to all deny it was theirs and hope the police let them off with a warning.

Of course the huge difference in this story and Mayo's is that the car he was in was stopped because they were circling the neighborhood where the cops were in the middle of busting a drug house that was suspected of being involved in selling meth. So if the kids in that car were in fact there to buy drugs, they weren't there to buy pot, they already had that.

I'm sure you're right Berry will get off just hope one of these days kids in his situation realize how precious a college scholarship and a chance to maybe play in the NFL really is. Maybe if Mayo had suffered any consequences to his incident in HS, he wouldn't be looking at possible federal charges now.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Squirted a fire extinguisher and flirted with a white girl?????

among just a few other things: here's a quick review:

It’s a humble ending to a five-year college career that took him to a handful of schools: Miami (two seasons, one redshirt before transferring), West Los Angeles Community College (one season), Louisville (three games, ending after an arrest for marijuana possession), Division II Glenville State (one semester, before being denied transfer by the NCAA to the West Virginia school), and finally, tiny NAIA school Union College (one season) in Barbourville, Ky.

Indeed, Williams’ career has been nothing like many projected. Once considered the next great heir to a Miami linebacker lineage that includes Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams, his arrival with the Hurricanes was merely the first stop in a spiral that ended in the NAIA. Along the way, Williams’ painful history became riveting Internet fodder. Websites like Deadspin delighted in his every misstep. Message boards buzzed with each development. Among the lowlights, which Williams openly discusses:

Eleven arrests in high school, most for petty larceny or burglary.

A journal in the Miami Herald which spilled wild details of recruiting visits and caught attention from the NCAA.

A recruiting visit to Florida where Williams discharged fire extinguishers in a hotel and was questioned by police for “hugging a female student against her will.”

A transfer out of Miami after failing to crack the starting lineup as a true freshman.

A traffic stop and arrest for marijuana possession at Louisville that ended in his dismissal from the team.

maybe he was just misunderstood :shrug:.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s a humble ending to a five-year college career that took him to a handful of schools: Miami (two seasons, one redshirt before transferring), West Los Angeles Community College (one season), Louisville (three games, ending after an arrest for marijuana possession), Division II Glenville State (one semester, before being denied transfer by the NCAA to the West Virginia school), and finally, tiny NAIA school Union College (one season) in Barbourville, Ky.

Indeed, Williams’ career has been nothing like many projected. Once considered the next great heir to a Miami linebacker lineage that includes Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams, his arrival with the Hurricanes was merely the first stop in a spiral that ended in the NAIA. Along the way, Williams’ painful history became riveting Internet fodder. Websites like Deadspin delighted in his every misstep. Message boards buzzed with each development. Among the lowlights, which Williams openly discusses:

A journal in the Miami Herald which spilled wild details of recruiting visits and caught attention from the NCAA.

A recruiting visit to Florida where Williams discharged fire extinguishers in a hotel and was questioned by police for “hugging a female student against her will.”

A transfer out of Miami after failing to crack the starting lineup as a true freshman.

A traffic stop and arrest for marijuana possession at Louisville that ended in his dismissal from the team.

So we should toss him out with the garbage.

BTW, who is the source for this rap sheet?

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score

*sigh*

My stomach hurts every time someone mentions Willie Williams.

What a wasteman.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
*sigh*

My stomach hurts every time someone mentions Willie Williams.

What a wasteman.

Just one of those guys who look all world out of pads and play Pop Warner in the pads. Plenty of them to go around.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
So we should toss him out with the garbage.

BTW, who is the source for this rap sheet?

it was from asn article about him on Yahoo and how he probably wouldn't be drafted by the NFL this year(there's a shocker).