Be a Good to Yourselves

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

The U.S. hasn't responded as well to the virus as most countries. I guess that's why fans here worry more about it.

Solar7 likes this.
  2. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Soccer in the states is starting to ramp up. I am cautiously optimistic about an NFL season.

3. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

We're continuing to navigate across uncharted waters.

We're told one day that such & such is scientifically true; and a day or so later that - oops! - the opposite is true.

Not to point fingers at anyone - we learn something new each day. But it does mean that, as we learn more, we're going to be wrong more than we'd like and we'd better be nimble of foot as we design programs and policies with COVID-19 in mind.

What's apparently caught us by surprise is the relationship between a bio-medical phenominon and our day-to-day lifestyle. The virus is the Honey Badger of life as we know it - It just don't care. Think of the many ways this tiny microbe impacts the way we work, play, eat out, congregate, relate to each other etc.

Expect 50% + of us to be wrong about how the upcoming season will or will not unfold. It is what it is, but it is the weirdest "it" that we've ever run across as humans. Best we can do is deal with whatever life throw at us and hope the odds favor us.

Buckybird and Ronin like this.
  4. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

We know enough scientifically about the virus to mitigate it's spread such as wearing a face mask, social distancing, sanitation and stay-at-home when infected.

The problem as I see it, there was never a national plan to handle the virus.

If there was a plan (and it was implemented early), we would probably be optimistically looking forward to the NFL season with some restrictions.

Instead we are still in the first wave of the virus and wondering if the season is going to happen.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    cardpa, daves and Solar7 like this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Because in America, this virus has also infected our ongoing culture war. A significant chunk of the country simply doesn't care about not spreading it, or outright believes it either doesn't exist or is no big deal. Cases are spiraling out of control to where states are seeing rollbacks to more restrictions, which doesn't bode well for sports. Even if/when games are played, players are still opting out for their safety or to be with their families, which hurts the competitiveness of these games.

Take Major League Soccer, for example. I'm not even following it but I know Vancouver is missing three of its top players who weren't comfortable going to Florida, and Dallas dropped out of the tournament before it was even played when 5 of their players got sick. Vancouver advances to the next round but is still without their top 3. That's kinda blah to even care about.

6. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I told you why :)

7. juza76

juza76 Registered

And I told u why u have like 2 months to makes those changes and take the process seriously
    As they playing here they can play games there too
    Players are tested before every games
    If someone is positive they put him in quarantine, the other players of the team get tested every day and isn't put in quarantine the whole team, they are monitored every day
    The other day one member of the Parma team tested positive, they put him in quarantine, the rest of the team was checked and risulted negative, so they are going through a ''soft'' quarantine for 14days, but they are playing

Ronin likes this.