Baylor University

raptor100

Rookie
Reaction score
The scumbag Art Briles has struck again. This guy is known for taking every gang-banger he can recruit. Last year there was a list of recruited football players along with what they were charged with.

He then comes out and praises Oakman for turning into a model citizen. Well if u follow todays news Oakman was arrested for sexual assault. I know some of u are gonna say he hasnt been charged yet but any guy 2 weeks from the biggest day of his life shouldnt be anywhere near women or booze.

Now it comes out that 2 Baylor football players were not investigated by the University for sexual assault that happened 2 years ago. So they violated a federal law requiring them to do so. I will bet that Briles had a hand in having Baylor delay this action because it may have an adverse on his program.

Obviously Baylor big wigs are at fault also but dirty Art continues to wreck havoc on college football.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's crazy how many alleged assaults have happened here in Texas down in Waco. I know it's hard to control all the actions of student athletes under a coaches watch but it's time they hold coaches accountable as well but we all know it will never happen.

Oakman was a high overhyped physical specimen who might just drop out of the draft completely because of this. I wouldn't touch him on my team.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scumbag Art Briles has struck again. This guy is known for taking every gang-banger he can recruit. Last year there was a list of recruited football players along with what they were charged with.

He then comes out and praises Oakman for turning into a model citizen. Well if u follow todays news Oakman was arrested for sexual assault. I know some of u are gonna say he hasnt been charged yet but any guy 2 weeks from the biggest day of his life shouldnt be anywhere near women or booze.

Now it comes out that 2 Baylor football players were not investigated by the University for sexual assault that happened 2 years ago. So they violated a federal law requiring them to do so. I will bet that Briles had a hand in having Baylor delay this action because it may have an adverse on his program.

Obviously Baylor big wigs are at fault also but dirty Art continues to wreck havoc on college football.

What did Art do to you? Sexual assaults on campus is a nation wide issue.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Art Briles to be fired.

Heavy duty rumor.......... Art Briles to be fired. Today.

Kenneth Starr on the hot seat as President/Chancellor. Remember him? Clinton's Inquisitor.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i am not sure if I've ever heard of a college program ever being more vile than this.

Penn State? I am frankly having a tough time deciding which is worse. Shouldn't their punishment be equal to or worse than Penn State's as well now that there is actual precedent for rape cover-up?

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am not sure if I've ever heard of a college program ever being more vile than this.

They are in the running but this is not a 1 horse sexual assault race.
FSU
North Carolina
Penn State

CNN aired a documentary, The Hunting Ground, awhile back ( a few months ) and a long list of schools are just as guilty, if not moreso, as Baylor is alleged to be.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/22/457027388/cnn-will-air-documentary-on-sexual-assault-despite-legal-threats

Yup, maybe Art didn't get the Jimbo Fisher "free pass card". Someone needs to figure out that the Big 12 does not like Art and his Baylor Bears thumping their Big Boy schools with the influential alumnae who would bury this criminal activity if it was at Texas/Oklahoma. This will send a shock wave through the recruiting wars. Baylor just got a whooping at the woodshed and the Big 12 pecking order just got shuffled. Guilty .... probably, football politics........ hell yes

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Penn State? I am frankly having a tough time deciding which is worse. Shouldn't their punishment be equal to or worse than Penn State's as well now that there is actual precedent for rape cover-up?

Man, I can't believe I didn't think of Penn State last night.

I am a huge college football fan, but this stuff is just turning me off to it. I have three daughters. One started college this past year and the other two are not that far off from it. Reading stuff like this makes me furious that if something happens to a college girl with an athlete they get treated like they are the criminals.

Digusting. Infuriating. Cannot believe that hypocritical piece of filth Kenneth Starr keeps drawing a fat paycheck. Shame on the Baylor student body and Waco if they accept that. :mad:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I can't believe I didn't think of Penn State last night.

I am a huge college football fan, but this stuff is just turning me off to it. I have three daughters. One started college this past year and the other two are not that far off from it. Reading stuff like this makes me furious that if something happens to a college girl with an athlete they get treated like they are the criminals.

Digusting. Infuriating. Cannot believe that hypocritical piece of filth Kenneth Starr keeps drawing a fat paycheck. Shame on the Baylor student body and Waco if they accept that. :mad:

It is even worse at Harvard because it goes way beyond athletes abd deep into the academic student body population. Daddy's endowment gift buys a who0le bunch of forgiveness and cover up. Storied rumor is That Baylor BOR offerred Art up as the sacrificial lamb when they "self reportes" (eventually) to the NCAA. This stuff should go way beyond "in house". Where were the cops and DA on this stuff on any campus including Waco?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Outside The LinesVerified account@OTLonESPN
BREAKING: Baylor's Ken Starr has resigned, effective immediately as chancellor of Baylor University as a "matter of conscience"

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dwayne Bray ‏@DwayneBrayESPN 37m37 minutes ago
Starr says he didn't know about the sexual-assault violence because it was off campus where drinking is allowed. Baylor's campus is dry.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwayne Bray ‏@DwayneBrayESPN 37m37 minutes ago
Starr says he didn't know about the sexual-assault violence because it was off campus where drinking is allowed. Baylor's campus is dry.
He wasn't in Bill Clinton's Oval Office either.

BTW he will remain at Baylor as a Law professor. Nice. Teaching young students to be oblivious and how to cover their ass.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their choice of a replacement coach , Jim Grobe, ain't too shabby. Given the job he did with Wake Forest, which in itself was a minor miracle, it could be the step needed to clean up that program.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/sports/baylor-hires-jim-grobe-as-coach-after-art-briless-messy-exit.html?_r=0

What I do find shabby is Mike Singletary unabashedly and shamelessly trolling for the job after Baylor hired Jim Grobe.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mike-singletary-is-absolutely-interested-in-the-baylor-job/

BTW, the back room shufflers are hard at work in the Big 12. Undoubtedly the big dogs in that conference, (Texas cough cough) were hurt by Baylor's on field success and are now setting up a procedure to expel Baylor from the conference if need be ( their words ). Let the politicking begin since the Big 12 needs to expand and they are rearranging the deck chairs for such a move. That expansion is worth at least $1 billion and that is what it is all about.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cannot blame these kids for treating Baylor like a sinking ship. Hell, it's worse than a sinking ship.... it's a college athletics Chernobyl.
hrumph...baylor is being stubborn.
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
#Baylor isn't letting signees out of their LOIs. One FR's dad said he hopes BU reconsiders & does the right thing:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Statement from Art Briles
"Keep in mind, the complete scope of what happened here has not been disclosed and unfortunately at this time I am contractually obligated to remain silent on the matter."

Briles said in his first public comments since the board's action that he has not seen the Pepper Hamilton report, on which the board based its discipline. Starr had said the same thing while resigning his chancellorship on Wednesday.

"I can only assume that the report, which is not independent, supports the conclusions that the Board has already drawn," Bries said. "I hope to share with you what I was aware of as soon as I can so Baylor Nation can begin the healing process."
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...reacts-impending-dismissal-coach-baylor-bears

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't believe that Baylor is considering to only suspend him for the year and then bring him back as head football coach.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score