Battle: Los Angeles

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Watched this one recently and was greatly disappointed. I was hoping for a mindless action movie and instead it was garbage. It could've been a pretty sweet propaganda movie for the USMC but instead they provided the answer to a question about how to take a pretty decent cast and create a piece of junk.

It was uneven. It was like they tried at times to build an emotional tie to these guys and then the next scene was done with a handheld camera and smoke and you couldn't tell who was who or what was really going on. Instead I spent the time wishing the time away so we could resume a pseudo normal showing.

I really liked the concept or the idea of what could be presented but this fell short. I wasn't looking for greatness but this wasn't worth a bag of popcorn.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this one recently and was greatly disappointed. I was hoping for a mindless action movie and instead it was garbage. It could've been a pretty sweet propaganda movie for the USMC but instead they provided the answer to a question about how to take a pretty decent cast and create a piece of junk.

It was uneven. It was like they tried at times to build an emotional tie to these guys and then the next scene was done with a handheld camera and smoke and you couldn't tell who was who or what was really going on. Instead I spent the time wishing the time away so we could resume a pseudo normal showing.

I really liked the concept or the idea of what could be presented but this fell short. I wasn't looking for greatness but this wasn't worth a bag of popcorn.
Thanks for watching so I don't have to.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap this movie kicked ass. Rented in on Blu Ray. I was going on a bunch of business trips during this time and never went to see it.

I am buying this Blu Ray this weekend. Awesome!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Have to agree with Louis. This movie was awful. I think they used up every Hollywood cliche in the book. Not one original idea in the whole movie. Horribly acted and directed, as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched it tonight and enjoyed it for what it was. It won't win any awards but it was well paced and lots of stuff blew up. What else could you ask for in a movie like this?

Steve

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I was watching this last night on Netflix streaming but it turns out there was another movie filmed in 2011 titled "Battle of Los Angles".

Lets just say that "Battle of Los Angles" is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen and I only watched 5 minutes of it before realizing that it was the wrong movie.

:bang:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I was watching this last night on Netflix streaming but it turns out there was another movie filmed in 2011 titled "Battle of Los Angles".

Lets just say that "Battle of Los Angles" is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen and I only watched 5 minutes of it before realizing that it was the wrong movie.

Been there, watched that. It doesn't take long to realize you're not watching the movie you thought you were watching. I watched the whole movie. Obviously, I now question my ability to make sound decisions.

Steve

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intense, gritty and one of the only movies EVER where the bouncy-camera effect worked. As others have pointed out, it won't win any awards but it was excellent popcorn fare. Best alien invasion film of the last 25 years or so. 4 out of 5 stars.

BTW.... one of the things that made it work for me was the lack of any big name stars.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lets just say that "Battle of Los Angeles" is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen and I only watched 5 minutes of it before realizing that it was the wrong movie.

lol...we did the same thing on Saturday! Holy CRAP that movie was bad. I think we got 20 min into it...but I was literally just sitting there shocked at how bad it was.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intense, gritty and one of the only movies EVER where the bouncy-camera effect worked. As others have pointed out, it won't win any awards but it was excellent popcorn fare. Best alien invasion film of the last 25 years or so. 4 out of 5 stars.

BTW.... one of the things that made it work for me was the lack of any big name stars.

Have to agree. Loved this movie. I thought the Alien design was uninspired but I have seen inspired Alien design in really bad films. So that won't make or break a movie.

As soon as I rented this movie and watched it, I went out and bought it on Blu Ray. One of the best Alien genre films in a very long time IMO.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol...we did the same thing on Saturday! Holy CRAP that movie was bad. I think we got 20 min into it...but I was literally just sitting there shocked at how bad it was.

Thank God I wasn't the only one to do that. LOL

That movie would have been perfect for MST3000 if it was still around. I mean seriously I think I could have done better special affects than they had. I can't believe that this came out last year.

I'm guessing they did it on purpose to get people to accidently rent it instead of the real "Battle: Los Angles".

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been there, watched that. It doesn't take long to realize you're not watching the movie you thought you were watching. I watched the whole movie. Obviously, I now question my ability to make sound decisions.

Steve

I can only imagine it got worse as the movie progressed. You clearly have a stronger stomach than me.

:D

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

LOL. I almost did the exact same thing. Obviously it's what they were trying to do.

Recommend this film highly....that "of" movie? Not so much.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK 1,000,000X better than "Battle of Los Angles"

Although the whole bouncy camera thing got annoying quick.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday.. I'm not much into alien or sci fi movies but dang.. This was a blast to watch..

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Loved this movie, to me it was more about the Marines (and the single air force chick) than it was about the aliens.

Agreed. I'm a sucker for movies about a small group coming together to overcome the odds. It was cheezy at times, but I'm totally fine with that in a movie like this.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched this again today. Damn!!! I think I liked it better this time than the last. Outstanding film! Hoo-Rah!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose