Barry (HBO Max)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Bill Hader's new show on HBO debuted last night. First episode was pretty good. Hitman turns actor through an odd series of events. Not sure how to categorize this show. A kinda-sorta comedy?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
loved it. wonder if the inside baseball of struggling Hollywood will make it play too much for those in the know to be a big hit.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I binged the first season on Saturday and caught up on the second season on Sunday. Very very good and very very funny. The 5th episode of the second season was one of the craziest episodes ever.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't started the second season yet. Loved the first. Need to start up on the second.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just found this show. Where have I been? Just watched the first 4 episodes and loving it so far. I can't believe more people are not talking about this.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just found this show. Where have I been? Just watched the first 4 episodes and loving it so far. I can't believe more people are not talking about this.

Same here. Found it a few months ago. Currently at the beginning of season 3 I believe. Great stuff.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in Season 3 and I still don't know how to describe this show. It's at times hilarious and at times so dark. I am like a ping pong ball rooting for Barry and at other times thinking this guy is psychotic and needs to go down. I can't recall the last time I was so torn over a character. The thing that gets me about this show is that just when I feel like I am in sync with the tone they throw an episode in like the one with the Dad/daughter. SHEESH!

I do love it though. My wife couldn't handle the ping pong tonal nature of the show.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show ended with a thud for me. I wasn't a big fan of the last season's time jump and the series finale? Not great. If the show had ended after Season 3 it would have been so much better. The first 3 seasons were great.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This show ended with a thud for me. I wasn't a big fan of the last season's time jump and the series finale? Not great. If the show had ended after Season 3 it would have been so much better. The first 3 seasons were great.

I couldn’t agree more. I loved the show, but the way they wrapped it up was disappointing. On a side note, Hank was one of the best supporting characters I’ve seen in a long time. Hilarious!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more. I loved the show, but the way they wrapped it up was disappointing. On a side note, Hank was one of the best supporting characters I’ve seen in a long time. Hilarious!
Yep and I think they wasted him not only the last season but in the finale.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA