Barkley/Anige

sunsfn

Reaction score
I have been a big fan of Charles Barkley and Danny Ainge over the last few years.

Ainge played the game as hard as anyone and absolutely hated to lose..........
His tenure as a coach was not good because he expected the players to play hard and they would not so he could not handle that and had to quit..............it is tough being an NBA coach these days....!

Barkley gave the suns a great chance to win it all and they may have if Charles would have kept himself in better shape and practiced............he always said you can have me for the game but not both practice and the game so they let him slide and not practice. Looking back that was a mistake because it caused team problems when the game was played. The suns played very boring basketball the last year Barkley was here.

But, Charles is starting to bore me............!
All this C..... about him not being able to buy tickets and then constantly saying that Marbury is not a point guard is boring!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ainge helped out all the suns fans last night when he said two things on the air in the 2nd half.
1) He said to coach Thompson, Charles says that Marbury is not a point guard. I do not know what you think coach but I think Marbury is a point guard and an excellent one. (he said earlier he thought he was playing the best point guard in the league right now)
Thompson just gave a giggle to the question and simply said that Stephon Marbury is a point guard!
2) He said he could not believe what Charles had said about not being able to buy tickets. He knows the guy in charge of ticket sales and he would sell them to the devil to sell them. He thought Charles could get tickets any time he wanted.

Now some clarification.............Barkley tried to get two first row tickets and maybe they did not have them to sell him and he was upset so said what he did........

It appears that Barkley and Colangelo will make up soon and we will see Charles at the games, but I can tell you that it may be a while before you see Barkley in the ring of honor.

:shock: :shock:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Danny Ainge. I think he, John Thompson, and that other guy by the best commentating crew in the NBA. Charles Barkley said that when he inquired about 2 courtside season tickets he was told by an unnamed Phoenix Suns official that he wasn't welcome. I don't think it was right for Ainge to basically say Charles was lying. In fact he did say, "that's a lie". He doesn't really know. He was just speculating that Jerry Colangelo would take money from anybody.

I also don't think that's the reason Danny Ainge quit as coach. Scott Skiles' complaint about the team while Ainge was coach was the country club atmosphere. That doesn't sound like the type of situation where the coaches disappointed because the players aren't trying hard enough. Now it you had said Scott Skiles was upset because the players didn't put forth enough effort for him I would agree with that.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
Joe Mama said,
----------------------------------------------
I like Danny Ainge. I think he, John Thompson, and that other guy by the best commentating crew in the NBA. Charles Barkley said that when he inquired about 2 courtside season tickets he was told by an unnamed Phoenix Suns official that he wasn't welcome. I don't think it was right for Ainge to basically say Charles was lying. In fact he did say, "that's a lie". He doesn't really know. He was just speculating that Jerry Colangelo would take money from anybody.
---------------------------------------------------
Ainge said he knows ?? (forgot the name) maybe Harvey Shanks? that would have sold Barkley the tickets.............I thought that Ainge had talked to him, but maybe not...........
Ainge could have easily talked to whoever because he is very welcome in the suns organization.

Joe Mama also said, :) :)
------------------------------------------------------
I also don't think that's the reason Danny Ainge quit as coach. Scott Skiles' complaint about the team while Ainge was coach was the country club atmosphere. That doesn't sound like the type of situation where the coaches disappointed because the players aren't trying hard enough. Now it you had said Scott Skiles was upset because the players didn't put forth enough effort for him I would agree with that.
-------------------------------------------------------

Joe, I have always thought that is exactly what was going on,
(country club attitude) but the reason behind it was that he tried to let the players police themselves and they would not. So that gets back to the thing about the players playing hard and acting like players should, and when they would not do that.............!

I also think that you can not do that these days with these very young guys.........so because of that Ainge was not a very good coach.........

Just my two öre worth.................

:wave:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It was great to see Danny and Coach Thompson shatter some myths about Stephon Marbury. Coach summed it up when he said, "He is a point guard who can score.

As far as Barkley goes, I don't think he has any business talking about what happened even if it's true. I am not sure I like Danny saying it was a lie, but I think Danny Ainge has more credibility than Barkley, and if he says it's a lie, I believe it's a lie.
As Danny said, "B. Colangelo would sell tickets to the Devil himself."

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It was great to see Danny and Coach Thompson shatter some myths about Stephon Marbury.

It's a myth believed by only the moron population anyway, led by Bill Walton and Peter Vecsey. Barkley just says whatever he thinks will get him the most attention.

Those who follow the game have known all along that Marbury is a PG. And those that don't aren't going to listen to John Thompson anyway. Why listen to someone who knows what he's talking about, when you're only infatuated with projecting your own ignorance?