Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar

Release Date: February 12, 2021
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Josh Greenbaum
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for crude sexual content, drug use and some strong language
Screenwriters: Kristen Wiig, Annie Mumolo
Genre: Comedy

Starring: Kristen Wiig, Annie Mumolo

Plot Summary: Lifelong friends Barb and Star embark on the adventure of a lifetime when they decide to leave their small Midwestern town for the first time - ever.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an instant cult classic in the realm of Stepbrothers and Dumb And Dumber.

Yes... those are bold statements. I stand by them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I have absolutely no compulsion to see this. What puts it on par with those classics?

the fact that it’s legit laugh out hilarious and I loved the main characters. It’s also got a perfect amount of weird and wacky. A total throwback to great Buddy Comedies.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to see this. Bridesmaids is one of my all time fave movies so I gotta check out what this duo did for this movie. I’m super stoked by Cheese’s review!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to see this. Bridesmaids is one of my all time fave movies so I gotta check out what this duo did for this movie. I’m super stoked by Cheese’s review!

Don’t go in expecting Bridesmaids. This is much more ridiculous and a lot weirder. But great, nonetheless.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
FYI, it's "Vista", not "Visit". I had trouble finding this on netflix because of the typo.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I didn’t even crack a smile during this and I was really looking forward to it.

the Morgan Freeman crab was the highlight for me but even then it’s just more odd than funny.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really enjoyed it. I thought it was laugh out loud funny.

My only problem with the movie was that the characters talked so fast, I felt like I was missing some jokes.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This is an instant cult classic in the realm of Stepbrothers and Dumb And Dumber.

Yes... those are bold statements. I stand by them.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. Dumb and Dumber is one of my all time favs and I couldn't wait for this movie to be over. I was stunned to see it garnered a 6.3 on IMDB. I thought it would be below 5.

I love Wiig, who was somewhat funny in this, and some of the writing was clever, but everything else about the film was pretty cringey.

Yeah I didn’t even crack a smile during this and I was really looking forward to it.

the Morgan Freeman crab was the highlight for me but even then it’s just more odd than funny.

I chuckled a few times at clever lines and Wiig's delivery, but there were just a lot of weird unfunny scenes.