Bally’s Sports+

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those unaware, you can get a 7 day free trial of Bally Sports through their app. So if you're in the Phoenix Metro area, or an area where Bally Sports Arizona is available, take advantage of that and watch the games for free.

Cancel before the 7 days is up and use a new email to repeat. Bally's doesn't pay the sports teams they broadcast so why should anyone pay them.

I don't know how the schedule will play out but if another game falls on NBA TV then that could be a way for some to access it if they don't get that channel some other way.
I just cancelled mine hoping I wouldn’t need it again after May 8th. Then realized I didn’t look at the game schedule. I lucked out on the timing because it appears that I won’t need it after mine expires.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled mine hoping I wouldn’t need it again after May 8th. Then realized I didn’t look at the game schedule. I lucked out on the timing because it appears that I won’t need it after mine expires.

How did you access the Bally's app and what did you think of the stream's HD video quality of the games compared to other sources you've used?

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you access the Bally's app and what did you think of the stream's HD video quality of the games compared to other sources you've used?
Through my streaming device (Apple TV). In terms of quality it was decent but not network or live streaming TV quality IMO. The sound was horrible and I had to turn it up for some reason on their APP. Forget about surround sound. It's like they spent no money on the audio portion of their stream. In addition, it would randomly buffer. I have no issues like that on any other app I use. Overall it was below average service.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That article is definitely worth reading for Phoenix metro Suns fans as I heard Ishbia was looking for ways to make the Suns more accessible but had no clue a deal had been made. Details are in there. Apparently 70+ games will air on Channel 3, over the air broadcasting.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. This has been one of my gripes about the Suns for years. I never believed they would ever fix it and go back on free tv ..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t really affect me since I’m out of state but this is pretty unbelievable.

What a difference from the last guy.
Yup. This, plus reestablishment of the G-league team tells me some of Ishbia values as an owner.

And I dig.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depending on how they set up the live stream, out of town people will probably be able to watch for free with a VPN.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally I’ve had an overall positive experience with Ballys. Beginning of the season yeah they had some issues with sound but that was fixed and never occurred again.

I loved the delay start feature where it gives you the option to watch live or start from the beginning. There were a lot of times I would start from beginning and ffwd through all the commercials and breaks, then catch up in the second half.

And for me it was free since I used my parents dtv account for access.