Ballers (HBO)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ballers is a new show on HBO about a former pro football player(The Rock) turned sports agent.
I have not seen this yet as the first episode was tonight and I had to DVR it in order to watch The Last Ship.... but I noticed it was only a 30 minute time slot,....not sure what they can do in thirty minutes a week?

anyway...will chime back in after I have watched it.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Ballers is a new show on HBO about a former pro football player(The Rock) turned sports agent.
I have not seen this yet as the first episode was tonight and I had to DVR it in order to watch The Last Ship.... but I noticed it was only a 30 minute time slot,....not sure what they can do in thirty minutes a week?

anyway...will chime back in after I have watched it.

You lost me at The Rock. Everything else sounds interesting. I just can't stand him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched the first episode. feels like the show needs a couple to figure out exactly what it is.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
watched the first episode. feels like the show needs a couple to figure out exactly what it is.

Yea, it's only 30 mins and it just seems to have left you hanging. I'll keep watching it as it seems like an ok show. If he doesn't get interesting in the next 2 or 3, I'm out... :D

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so I watched it last night. Not exactly what I thought it was.... show has some potential,...appears to be well written.....still not sure why it has a thirty minute time slot though.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I thought it was okay but I probably won't continue watching if it becomes too much like the NFL version of Entourage.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I watched it last night. Not exactly what I thought it was.... show has some potential,...appears to be well written.....still not sure why it has a thirty minute time slot though.

what's confusing about the thirty minute time slot? it was written to be an Entourage-ish comedy.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
what's confusing about the thirty minute time slot? it was written to be an Entourage-ish comedy.

That's what I hated about Entourage. Its was to short. Needed to be an hour. I guess I was wanting more each episode and didn't want it to end so quickly. :D

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Soft.... Warm...... Perfectly light episode.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Been watching this every week,....I like it,...you can see the characters growing as the show develops.

Really hoping to see Reggie get his ass kicked though,...hopefully by the end of the season,lol.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This show is freaking hilarious. I died laughing when the money guy got a Victor Cruz tattoo to sell the deal.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the show. It's a fun take on the NFL. I love the cameos.

And the babes are hawt.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, I like it to. Does it just go 10 shows a season as its at it's 10th already.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there are 10 episodes in this inaugural season.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is awesome. The Rock plays the perfect role in it. I bet real life is almost identical to how it is for these athletes on the show

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This show is awesome. The Rock plays the perfect role in it. I bet real life is almost identical to how it is for these athletes on the show

Yea, its great to see what happens behind the scenes if this is somewhat true.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Recently started watching this show. Currently on season 3. Fun show because I like The Rock. Joe is starting to grow on me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA