B-Train on losing the Super Bowl

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have such profound respect for all of you who were at that game. To get that close to immortality only to have it snatched away is soul snatching. I would have been a walking zombie, ready to get on a plane and come home that night. I've mentioned before, I cried the next day when I was on the trolley taking my son to a doctor's appointment. I couldn't even explain to him why I was crying. It would have made no sense to him.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
So hard being there. I still can't watch the highlights even the good ones. In retrospect I wish the Steelers would have boatraced us just so I would still have a "happy to be there" memories. Just the whole weekend was such a blast.

Not sure I would ever attend the actual game another time if we are so fortunate as to go again. Probably go to the host city and soak it in for a few days but I felt the game vibe up until the last few minutes was stale.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Didn't go to the SB because I went to the NFC Championship game and knew nothing could top the energy and excitement of that game. We should have won that game, but gotta give Big Ben credit. Hopefully we put a D together bc I think K1 can get us back to SB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't go to the SB because I went to the NFC Championship game and knew nothing could top the energy and excitement of that game. We should have won that game, but gotta give Big Ben credit. Hopefully we put a D together bc I think K1 can get us back to SB.

I was at it too. I only had season tickets for one more year after that, because I didn't think that could be topped.... among other reasons.

I wish we had pylon cams then like we do now. You can't convince me that was a catch by Santonio.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the NFC championship and the following was my last season as a season ticket holder. The NFC champ game was an amazing experience. A lot of the memories have fleeted but the energy and vibe have not.

Reaction score
I wish we had pylon cams then like we do now. You can't convince me that was a catch by Santonio.
Second foot never touched!

Of course, it should have never gotten to that issue; if only the Cardinals defense performed better on that final drive by Pittsburgh!

I am slowly getting beyond it, but yet that game still ends at 2:37 in my mind. . . o_O