B-Train on losing the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

2. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

Painful.

3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I’m not exaggerating when I say that it was one of the worst days of my life. I threw up in a bucket out of pure excitement at the NFC Championship game when we won, and firmly believed we were going to shock the world.

I still have nightmares about it. It was the beginning of the worst, most depressing year of my life, where I ended up briefly homeless.

Santonio Holmes is my mortal enemy.

Cardsfaninlouky and unseenaz like this.
  4. CardLogic

CardLogic .

Really enjoyed the video.

82CardsGrad and Shane like this.
  5. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Sorry to hear about you being homeless bro, even for a brief period. After the NFC championship game, I was so pumped, watched it at a sports bar here in Louisville with a bunch of Steelers fans. They were rooting for us BTW, guess they figured playing us gave them a better shot? I had a big SB party at my party room above the garage, lots of food & every kind of alcohol imaginable. When Larry caught that 43 yd (I believe it was that distance?) Slant Route TD, I jumped out of my seat & started screaming at the top of my lungs with joy. What happened next isn't worth repeating. I still hate Big Ben & Santonio Holmes to this day. I was sick to my stomach, couldn't watch Sportscenter, listen to sports talk shows or even read the sports page for days, refused to that is lol. Missed that Monday & Tuesday at work, only thing I watched on tv those 2 days were movies, nothing sports related to be reminded of the SB loss.

Solar7 likes this.
  6. schutd

schutd Regular User

Over football???? Priority check.

BigRedRage likes this.
  7. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

Horrible..... Horrible memories.

I am gut wrenched every time I see the Harrison INT or the Fitz long TD. I can't even watch the Holmes catch..... It still feels like yesterday.

daves likes this.
  8. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I don't know why, but I didn't take the SB loss as badly as I maybe should have. My great thrill was beating the Eagles to get to the SB. In all my years as a Cardinal fan, I just never saw us getting to that pinnacle. We had huge parties for both games, and living in PA, we had tons of both Eagles & Steelers fans in my house for both of them. What was ironic was that almost to a person, The Steeler fans there felt the Cardinals deserved to win that game. Knowing the Cardinals like I do, I was screaming for Fitz to take a knee before going into the end zone. I was 100% willing to take our chances that we could run more time off the clock & still score. I was 100% sure that when Fitz scored, we had left too much time on the clock & there was NO WAY we would stop Pittsburgh from scoring. Our D had so many holes, and I knew Big Ben would carve it up somehow, someway. When Holmes caught the ball, I sat quiet, because I just knew it was going to happen. Our best shot was to milk the clock down & score with less than 30 seconds on the clock.

vince56 and Cardsfaninlouky like this.
  9. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

Against your own of course....

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

10. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I felt confident after Larry scored, I worried a little about the time left on the clock. However, that defense did have holes, but they were a big play defense all yr long, just seemed to come up with big plays, turnovers etc.....when they needed them. I was just hoping something big would happen for our defense. That game still makes me sick to this day thinking about it.

11. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Despite the loss I am so glad I got to attend that game. I remember looking at the clock when Fitz scored and that Cardinal pessimism creeping in (which proved to be a valid feeling). We had so many chances to knock own passes, sack Big Ben but just didn't get it done.

I have my ticket framed on my wall regardless of the loss.

If we ever go back I will go back, no matter the cost until I witness a Super Bowl win.

phillycard, WisconsinCard and daves like this.
  12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I dunno. I’ve had people here accuse me of not being a fan. I’m not as crazy passionate as I was when I was younger, but this sport is inexorably linked to many parts of my life, and I really, really care.

Even outside of the sport, dropping that kind of coin to go to the Super Bowl when you’re 21 years old just to watch your team lose a heartbreaker and then be locked in a freaking parking garage for 6 hours after the game is a pretty bad go of it.

Not to mention that I had a $100 futures bet from before the season that would have paid for the whole thing if they had won.

13. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Defense could not get Big Ben to the ground that last drive and DRC I believe gave up the TD to Holmes.

14. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

That was nothing to do with drinking beer ?

15. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

That was nothing to do with drinking beer ?

16. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Even at the ripe old age of 21, I knew when I'd had too much and when I hadn't. I had maybe 7 Miller Lites that entire day, over the span of 5 hours. Definitely not "throw up because I'm drunk" territory.