AZCardinals.com - must be dizzy

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Wow just wow!

Mandatory drug testing must start tomorrow for coaches & staff. Just think this is only week 3, it can’t get worse or more weird can it? Lol jeez

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Just watch Buc turn into a hard hitting SS in the mold of Chancelor, probably for the Seahawks. And Reddick having success as edge rusher, probably for the Rams. Both positions they dominated in college, surprisingly...
There's a better chance we go 14-0 the rest of the year then any one of those things happening.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No its not. :)

It's panicky, but its not dark like 2002 dark.

It's bad, but its not Plummer-throwing-behind-the-back-to-the-other-team dark. Dave McGinnus "one-heartbeat" dark. Cheesebeef-ranting, K9-demonizing dark.

2002 was the very, very edge of the abyss bro. Scary.
I'd take Jake and Coach Mac in a heartbeat.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Buc can’t hit or cover anyone right now! It’s stunning that people don’t seem to watch these games.
It’s pretty damn amazing he played DB at WSU. But hey, outside of Stanford who plays D in the PAC 12? Lol

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
My biggest gripe about drafting Reddick, other than I didn't he was all that good, was drafting a player to play a different position at the pro level than he had played his entire life and expecting positive results. The Cards, or anyone else, had zero clue as to whether he could play LB.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Don't hassle the employees, they have no part in this and management will never know about it.

Then they need to stop sending surveys every year to season tix holders. AND stop having your reps call me to see 'how everything is going." Conveniently, BEFORE the season starts, lol.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then they need to stop sending surveys every year to season tix holders. AND stop having your reps call me to see 'how everything is going." Conveniently, BEFORE the season starts, lol.

We got a call today. Among other things, they asked about what color jerseys the team should wear. Chris said, "white, since it seems they've already given up." Seriously, though. Not even attempting to put any points on the board at the end of the last game, just for a little pride? Granted, I was listening on the radio, but it sure sounded like they just wanted to get off the field.

I really hope we see something different this Sunday. :(

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
We got a call today. Among other things, they asked about what color jerseys the team should wear. Chris said, "white, since it seems they've already given up." Seriously, though. Not even attempting to put any points on the board at the end of the last game, just for a little pride? Granted, I was listening on the radio, but it sure sounded like they just wanted to get off the field.

I really hope we see something different this Sunday. :(

We won't.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As an aside - I've been on this board for several years, including the dark ages pre-Super Bowl run and post-Warner. This is the darkest it's ever been. Not saying it's unmerited, but I've never seen a situation in which there's literally no hope or optimism to be found. I really hope things turn around. This is sad.
Difference this time around is that the door to the dungeon is locked and there's no apparent way to open it. Management doesn't seem to have any answers.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think we have reached rock bottom yet. If Rosen, comes in & looks terrible this board might just implode

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Because they are trying to spin it so hard. I do not envy these guys trying to write something that won't be torn up by the fanbase and throw it in their face.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/deone-bucannon-haason-reddick-and-the-linebacker-rotation

My favorite line:

"Neither Bucannon nor Reddick played linebacker in college -- Bucannon was a safety, Reddick a defensive end"

When you say it out loud, it is even more ridiculous.
Indeed it is. I suspect the hiring of Wilks had a lot to do with this:

“When Wilks first arrived, the idea was that Bucannon and Reddick would evolve into the Cardinals' version of Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis, the Pro Bowl linebackers Wilks and Holcomb coached in Carolina. Not only has that yet to happen, but the former first-rounders now have to fight their way back into the starting lineup.”

I think they looked at Reddick and said “he’s a physical freak like kuechly!” And when they looked at Bucannon they said “he’s undersized and former safety like Davis!” Then they screamed, “WILKS IS THE PERFECT FIT BECAUSE WE HAVE THOSE GUYS!!”

Idiots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As an aside - I've been on this board for several years, including the dark ages pre-Super Bowl run and post-Warner. This is the darkest it's ever been. Not saying it's unmerited, but I've never seen a situation in which there's literally no hope or optimism to be found. I really hope things turn around. This is sad.
It’s one of the rare moments when even the apologists have curled up fetal and just let the darksiders drive the bandwagon into a ditch because we know what we’re doing in this universe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No its not. :)

It's panicky, but its not dark like 2002 dark.

It's bad, but its not Plummer-throwing-behind-the-back-to-the-other-team dark. Dave McGinnus "one-heartbeat" dark. Cheesebeef-ranting, K9-demonizing dark.

2002 was the very, very edge of the abyss bro. Scary.
Ih 2002 didn’t start this poorly.

We lost at Washington 31-23 and WON at Seattle 24-13. We OUTSCORED our opposition 47-34 and both games were away.

We started this season being outscored 57-6 with home game coming at home. And setting historical records for inept offense. I think it’s safe to proclaim this season worse than 2002.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My biggest gripe about drafting Reddick, other than I didn't he was all that good, was drafting a player to play a different position at the pro level than he had played his entire life and expecting positive results. The Cards, or anyone else, had zero clue as to whether he could play LB.
Yeah that felt like a throwback 1980s cardinals draft selection.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Ih 2002 didn’t start this poorly.

We lost at Washington 31-23 and WON at Seattle 24-13. We OUTSCORED our opposition 47-34 and both games were away.

We started this season being outscored 57-6 with home game coming at home. And setting historical records for inept offense. I think it’s safe to proclaim this season worse than 2002.

lol, Ouchie.. don't we have to give it a few more games?

and what you posted is one reason why 2002 was so bad... 2002 was plummer's last stand, a make or break year for him as a Cardinal... remember all the emotion we, as a fan base, had invested in him?

We started out 2002 with some promise, and there was a flicker of hope that maybe, just maybe, Jake would become the QB we all desperately wanted him to be. The one he eventually became in DEN.

But things quickly spiraled downward, kind of culminating in that crushing 49-0 loss to KC, and it being readily apparent that Jake The Snake would leave the Cardinals after the 2002 season.

What hope was there towards the end of 2002 Ouchie? We damn sure didn't have a top ten draft pick QB waiting in the wings to take over like we do now. We knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Dave Mcgunnis wasn't the answer, and any hope that the offseason might yield a better roster didn't seem possible with that effort being led by none other than Rod Graves, the Human Snail.. lol....

No Ouchie. 2018 may end up being a disastrous year. We may even go 0-16. But there will be hope for 2019.

However, I assert to you sir, that the end of the 2002 season was as hopeless, and as dark, and as dismal as it could possibly be for a fan base. 1998 looked like a complete fluke, and the Cardinals appeared to be so incompetent as an organization, that it wasn't realistic to hope that would ever be a winning team again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol, Ouchie.. don't we have to give it a few more games?

and what you posted is one reason why 2002 was so bad... 2002 was plummer's last stand, a make or break year for him as a Cardinal... remember all the emotion we, as a fan base, had invested in him?

We started out 2002 with some promise, and there was a flicker of hope that maybe, just maybe, Jake would become the QB we all desperately wanted him to be. The one he eventually became in DEN.

But things quickly spiraled downward, kind of culminating in that crushing 49-0 loss to KC, and it being readily apparent that Jake The Snake would leave the Cardinals after the 2002 season.

What hope was there towards the end of 2002 Ouchie? We damn sure didn't have a top ten draft pick QB waiting in the wings to take over like we do now. We knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Dave Mcgunnis wasn't the answer, and any hope that the offseason might yield a better roster didn't seem possible with that effort being led by none other than Rod Graves, the Human Snail.. lol....

No Ouchie. 2018 may end up being a disastrous year. We may even go 0-16. But there will be hope for 2019.

However, I assert to you sir, that the end of the 2002 season was as hopeless, and as dark, and as dismal as it could possibly be for a fan base. 1998 looked like a complete fluke, and the Cardinals appeared to be so incompetent as an organization, that it wasn't realistic to hope that would ever be a winning team again.
Okay you didn’t specify the end. You said 2002. At this juncture in 2002 things weren’t nearly this bleak.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You really liked it on draft night!
No I didn’t. I was hopeful he would be able to translate his athleticism. I had wanted Hooker and was excited to see him dropping. If we were going mlb I wanted the kid sf drafted. I didn’t hate the pick, but I didn’t like it, more like hopeful.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I didn’t. I was hopeful he would be able to translate his athleticism. I had wanted Hooker and was excited to see him dropping. If we were going mlb I wanted the kid sf drafted. I didn’t hate the pick, but I didn’t like it, more like hopeful.

Go figure. Ouchie was excited about a Hooker.

;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose