AZ Cardinals draft is officially over

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
... and I LOVE it. We got some serious talent to address serious needs. Some value picks in later rounds. I'm excited for what the future holds

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. Even warming to the Honey Badger pick which I didn't like. This group picks guys that can play.

I am really happy with our draft.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Even warming to the Honey Badger pick which I didn't like. This group picks guys that can play.

I am really happy with our draft.

Would you have felt better if we took Okafor in the 3rd and Tyrann in the 4th?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great draft.

Some guys we missed out on that we (or I) wanted slightly before we picked in various rounds.

But I have to say we good dang good value.

Addressed our interior of the line.
ILB depth
Speed receiver
Power back and shifty back (both can pass protect)
Pass Rusher
Blocking TE
and a Honey Badger

Potentially four guys that had 1st round talent grades (Cooper, Minter, Honey Badger, Okafor) or beginning of 2nd.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you have felt better if we took Okafor in the 3rd and Tyrann in the 4th?

Very good point and getting Okafor and the backs where we did made me forget about gambling on the Badger.

Thing is everyone I listened to today are raving about us drafting the Badger.

Herm Edwards thinks he will have more of an impact on the field than Lacy or Teo. I will be thrilled if this happens.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
B+ or an A-, Kiem and company made some really nice moves to go along with some nice picks. Found some great sliders, ended up with more picks than we started out with, the Minter move down was real sweet, I think they wanted him and thought he would still be there. Cooper can help out right away, and our defense might just get more turnovers than Horton's new squad...I'll be paying attention to that stat. Good draft, Mikey has to be pleased. Draft is only one part of professional football though, we got work to do.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Alot of these guys seem versatile. I read one thing where Watford could be tried 'outside', or at tackle as well.

Versatile RB's. A power back who is durable and can set up blocks, faster than 40 time shows, and stays on his feet (YEAH!). A shifty back with great lateral movement and elusiveness who also plays faster than 40 time. Both can catch. Both can pass protect.

A speedy WR who can be an over the middle or deep threat with yac ability and a rb mindset.

A turnover machine that oozes talent with Honey Badger. Fumbles, INT's, In the box, in the air, special teams.

A lunch pail inside backer with some in the backfield and run stuffing ability.

A blocking TE who seems proficient at it with good size.

A hot and cold motor Okafor with edge rushing talent with inside moves. Can break down and not over run a QB. Good run defense in the open but sometimes he can't shed the block.

and of course the most athletic pulling guard in the draft with Cooper.

On paper this is an A. Especially when you consider the trades for extra picks.

Last edited:
OP
OP

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very good point and getting Okafor and the backs where we did made me forget about gambling on the Badger.

Thing is everyone I listened to today are raving about us drafting the Badger.

Herm Edwards think he will have more of an impact on the field than Lacy or Teo. I will be thrilled if this happens.
The beauty of it is that the odds of the Badger being successful are greater here than anywhere else. He and PP would be a terrifying CB tandem. They both have insane talent, and know each other like brothers, both on and off the field. I think he gets up to speed fastest here and has the greatest ceiling here. It was a pick I worried about before it happened and immediately after, but the more I thought about it, the more I think it was a great choice. Maybe I'm just drinking kool-aid, but I can't wait to see
B+ or an A-, Kiem and company made some really nice moves to go along with some nice picks. Found some great sliders, ended up with more picks than we started out with, the Minter move down was real sweet, I think they wanted him and thought he would still be there. Cooper can help out right away, and our defense might just get more turnovers than Horton's new squad...I'll be paying attention to that stat. Good draft, Mikey has to be pleased. Draft is only one part of professional football though, we got work to do.
maybe overall in the NFL, but for AZ, there's not enough plusses to put after an A. This is our most complete, deep draft in a LONG time. Last year was very impressive to me, but this year, from initial impression, is even better

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm really digging our running backs. Awesome, I would love to have a situation like New Orleans in the running game.

OP
OP

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm really digging our running backs. Awesome, I would love to have a situation like New Orleans in the running game.

we beefed up the line for em too. With the WR threats we have and a QB that can hit em, our run game will look even better. We patched some holes left on D (still have a couple), but our offense has greatly improved. For such a boring draft class, our draft has me very excited

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Good draft but could of been better. The first two pics seemed forced. I would have liked to received a pic next year with all the trading back. This was a needs draft for everyone. We filled ours well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave