Aussie Cardinals fan

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Red on White, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Red on White

Red on White Free Agent

Started following the Cardinals last season

Had always liked the game (big fan of Friday Night Lights haha) but never really watched NFL properly. Didn't even know all the teams let alone players. Work changed for me last year so that I was at home Monday mornings which is the equivalent of Sunday afternoons in the US.

Started to really get into it. Ummed and ahhed about picking a team during the early stages of the season.

My town Adelaide is a smaller city so didn't want to follow a team from LA, New York, Chicago etc
    Aussie Rules team is Adelaide Crows so same initials
    Also support Liverpool so the red colour matches
    My state South Australia is the driest state in the driest continent so some affinity with Arizona
    Wasn't too interested in a fanbase that loved dressing up ridiculously so no Chiefs, Vikings for me
    Real grass stadium
    Franchise that had been there a while

Worked my way through the options and settled on Arizona. Read and watched quite a bit about Larry Fitzgerald and when I did straight away it felt like I'd made the right call for me

Also in a funny way it helped that last season was a poor one. Didn't want to hop on some bandwagon of a team that was flying. Wouldn't have felt like I'd 'earned' any success.

I enjoyed last year even though it ended in a No 1 draft pick so I figure if I enjoyed that then...

Onward and upward

Still trying to work out the best way to watch games. Any other Aussies on here? We get NFL Red Zone here which skips around between all the games and is great plus the odd live game on ESPN but very hard to watch Cards games themselves. I stumbled across a couple of dodgy streams last year but would prefer legit options.

Is there an NFL international pass or something?

Have been reading the forum quite a bit though not posting much yet. The similarities in posting here compared to about my Aussie Rules club who are going through a poor patch are remarkably similar! Feels like home

Anyway, looking forward to the season and please forgive any noob questions

2. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Welcome to the board!

Red on White likes this.
  3. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Welcome! :wave:

Red on White likes this.
  4. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

Great and interesting intro. Hopefully the team will be exciting this year. I think we have several Aussies here but I can't remember who.

Welcome aboard!!!!

Red on White likes this.
  5. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

By the way, our tradition is newbies buy, so I'd like some shrimp on the...oh you've heard that one? How about a lobster roll with coleslaw.

Red on White and jf-08 like this.
  6. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Agreed. That's how you do an intro! Welcome!

Ronin and jf-08 like this.