Atlanta Falcons @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 10/7/19-10/12/19

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler/Kliff need one of those big passing games...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m expecting the offense to regress even against a weak defense. I’ll be surprised if KK doesn’t revert to his old offense. The Falcons should easily overwhelm the Cards’ secondary. I’m afraid this will be something like 31-16 Falcons.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... I'm going to the game and I'm always idiotically confident that if I'm going it's gonna be a W, but I'm leaning L this week. We've got two pretty weak teams, but their weak team is much more veteran than ours on O and that's where this game is gonna be won because both D's stink outloud.

I'm just hoping to see Kyler keep it competitve and not go to a blowout.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Crazy to think Cards might have the better starting cornerbacks on Sunday :confused:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back when this QB discussion started I tried to explain wins versus replacement at the QB position.

No matter how great Bosa is, he will never win you a game you should lose. He doesn't have the ball enough

We should 100% lose this game by a blowout. Historically Matt Ryan is Cardinals daddy

And yet.. Kyler freaking Murray gives me hope.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m expecting the offense to regress even against a weak defense. I’ll be surprised if KK doesn’t revert to his old offense. The Falcons should easily overwhelm the Cards’ secondary. I’m afraid this will be something like 31-16 Falcons.
Really depends on the Falcons pass rush. They haven't been that good.

My worry is that we can't exploit them with the deep pass like the Texans did. However, if Kyler gets time we should move the ball. Gotta be due for great execution in the red zone right?

If our Oline does well/their Dline struggles....we got a shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A ray of hope: I’m starting Hooper.

Historically whenever I’ve started a player at a position that typically exploits cardinals weaknesses they underperform miserably.

The ugly corollary: the cards still lose. So it ends up being a lose-lose situation. Cards lose and shut down a hot tight end.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
A ray of hope: I’m starting Hooper.

Historically whenever I’ve started a player at a position that typically exploits cardinals weaknesses they underperform miserably.

The ugly corollary: the cards still lose. So it ends up being a lose-lose situation. Cards lose and shut down a hot tight end.
I started Eifert last week. You're welcome. ;)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This game has SO many losing situations for the Cards, Julio Jones, then if not Julio, the other WRs, then if not, the TE, plus RBs we let loose during games for a bit. Plus Matt Ryan usually has at least a couple hot games during the year. I dread this game. Kyler gives me hope we may keep it close. The whole key is if we can maintain LONG drives to keep them off the field so our defense is less exposed. Time of possession will be key for us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose