At this point we should really think about trading up...

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And getting Leftwich - front loading his contract and pay him the $15M bonus and at least get our QB for the next 7 yrs. We'll have the space/cash this year to afford the QB "premium".

We're so far away on defense, and the offense is bad, now might be the time to do that.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, completely agree.

Trade up, even if we get Suggs instead of Leftwich. We need playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Absolutely, completely agree.

Originally posted by Skkorpion
Trade up, even if we get Suggs instead of Leftwich. We need playmakers on both sides of the ball.

But we need quantity. Giving up picks to move up doesn't seem sensible to me.

Also, there is a very good chance that one or both of these guys will fall to #6. Whichever one the Bears don't take is ours, most likely, unless Houston does something unpredictable.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Giving up a second rounder (At least) to move up is insane. we simply don't have enough bodies to do that. Suggs is gon at 3 now. Texans said if they don't sign Colvin they go Suggs. Heck, even detroit has shown interest in suggs. It simply would cost too much because they want the player we want. Leftwich? Should slide, but it is tough to say.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Once again, I think that the quantity arguement is wrong. We have a team full of backups and special teams players already. What we need is quality, impact players and they just aren't in abundance in the later rounds. If I could move up to the first pick by giving up my second day picks I would in a second, because at this point they really won't help.

There is a reason we all wanted Colvin for huge money and aren't willing to break the bank for Okeafer. It goes the same way in the draft, except is less guarenteed.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardinalChris
Texans said if they don't sign Colvin they go Suggs. Heck, even detroit has shown interest in suggs.

General Managers usually are telling the truth this time of year. Really. I swear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave