At the bottom of espn news screen breaking news Amare activated by suns

sunsfn

Reaction score
Stoudemire could make season debut Thursday

ESPN.com news services

You must be registered for see images
[SIZE=-2]Stoudemire[/SIZE]Phoenix Suns center Amare Stoudemire was activated by the Suns on Wednesday and might make his season debut Thursday night against Portland in Phoenix.
Stoudemire has missed the entire season after undergoing microfracture surgery Oct. 11 on his left knee. He first felt soreness in his knee during the offseason, and it worsened during the first week of training camp. The Suns announced at the time that Stoudemire would miss "approximately four months."

The 23-year-old proclaimed himself "80-20" for the Portland game after the Suns practiced Wednesday. A final decision won't be made until game-time, but the Suns planned to have him in uniform for the game.

"If it feels good, then it's possible that I'll play [Thursday]," said Stoudemire, who is in his fourth NBA season. "The way it's feeling, it feels pretty good. I feel like I'm real close."

Last season, Stoudemire averaged 26 points and just under nine rebounds per game in 80 games for the Suns.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm stunned and suprised I think he should stay put until he is 100 pecent sure he is healthy to do so. This is scaring the hell out of me. I hope he is good to go, but I don't like this at all. If he suffers a bigger setback because he is not ready, I won't be a happy camper! :mad:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Apparently the Godfather's talk with Amare put him in a positive frame of mind.

I have to believe that Amare and D'Antoni will be monitoring the situation, and won't put him at risk, at least from a wear-and-tear standpoint.

But if the Suns had been 6-1 or 5-2 in their past seven games, instead of 3-4, I wonder if he'd be coming back at this time. Probably not.

mribnik

Reaction score
zett said:
I'm stunned and suprised I think he should stay put until he is 100 pecent sure he is healthy to do so. This is scaring the hell out of me. I hope he is good to go, but I don't like this at all. If he suffers a bigger setback because he is not ready, I won't be a happy camper! :mad:

I'm not worried about it. He's done 5 straight days of 5 on 5 and now he says there's no pain whatsoever. Oh, and remember the only pain we were worried about was to his right knee. I can't remember the last time he said the surgically repaired left knee had any pain at all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
zett said:

scares the hell outta me too z, me too . . .

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i dont think he is saying that he is going to play at 80%. i think he is saying there is an 80% chance he will play.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
i dont think he is saying that he is going to play at 80%. i think he is saying there is an 80% chance he will play.

Yep that's what he said, 100% he will suit up 80/20 he plays, he's close, he's healthly and he's back, I am pumped!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
scares the hell outta me too z, me too . . .

Why? There are dozens, if not hundreds of people that know more about the situation than any of us. What makes your diagnosis more competent than the doctors or Amare's himself?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Why? There are dozens, if not hundreds of people that know more about the situation than any of us. What makes your diagnosis more competent than the doctors or Amare's himself?

Nothing, but, as has been hashed out too much since last summer, the uncertain credibility of the type of surgery he had calls into question the competency of any doctor who endorses it. Doesn't make the doctors wrong, but it doesn't instill confidence, either. Harboring a best hope doesn't mean you are also required to trust authority. Neither does distrust make one a pessimist that deserves to be ridiculed. The history of men suggests distrust of authority is far more useful than trust, but I'm trying very hard not to totally hijack a thread to advance my personal philosophy.

The expression of fear is not without factual support and deserves room to be expressed among this "family" of fans. And that is a more rational opinion, I think, than unabated optimism.

All that said, you are correct in suggesting there's no way we could draw normative conclusions about what Amare should or shouldn't do, and we are at the mercy of those who may or may not have Amare's best long-term interests at heart to assist him in that decision. I, for one, am elated Amare's going to return to the court where he needs confidence. However, I refuse the temptation of placing impossible expectations on him. I expect a 6-10 man with some skill to take the floor though he still has lots of work to complete to finish a rehab of a horrificly painful disability. I do not expect Black Jesus to make a triumphant return to the site of his last conquest this year.

I reserve the right as a fan to enjoy all the fruits of exceeded expectations, however.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, well said, Gaddabout, but I can't agree with it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to doubt the opinions of the doctors that worked on Amare. Not after their exemplary track record (starting with McDyess). It is normal to feel worry, I'm worried too, but I'll be the last to say that he definitely SHOULDN'T be back because I think, without any medical knowledge or even familiarity with Amare the person, that my rights as a fan says I'm correct.

jibikao

Reaction score
Didn't Amare get his career high against Portland? Maybe this game can really help Amare get back to the game! Too bad it's not on national tv.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

First off I don't have a diagnosis, I never projected him healthy or not healthy. my concern was more of the fact that just four days prior he was wishy washy on weather he was going to play this year at all! I am concerned about the short period of time it has been to pronounce himself (or my self) healthy enough to play nba basketball. My fear is of the unknown not out of any diagnosis. I don't know just how healthy he is and thats why it scares me.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
zett said:
First off I don't have a diagnosis, I never projected him healthy or not healthy. my concern was more of the fact that just four days prior he was wishy washy on weather he was going to play this year at all! I am concerned about the short period of time it has been to pronounce himself (or my self) healthy enough to play nba basketball. My fear is of the unknown not out of any diagnosis. I don't know just how healthy he is and thats why it scares me.

I think that was more of a mental issue rather than a physical one. The doctors have said he is physically okay and he seems more like he has the mental ones worked out, so let's see what happens.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Azlen said:
I think that was more of a mental issue rather than a physical one. The doctors have said he is physically okay and he seems more like he has the mental ones worked out, so let's see what happens.

One thing is for sure, no more dog days of the season. Should be interesting watch the team fold Amare back into the mix. I think the national press will be shocked.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:

Hey Devon, you are more then welcome to come over to my house tonight and watch the game, if you like. Amare's return will be Quite Exciting I hope!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
zett said:
Hey Devon, you are more then welcome to come over to my house tonight and watch the game, if you like. Amare's return will be Quite Exciting I hope!

Cool you got league pass!! PM me