ASU @ Washington 9-22-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sun Devils visit the Huskies tonight with the game scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. Arizona time. ESPN will be televising the game. The Huskies are rated #12 in the country and have a 2-1 record. Their only loss was to Auburn.

The Devils will need to especially slow down the Huskies run game as San Diego State rushed for over 300 yards last week.

Below is a link to a scouting report for the game.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ington-scouting-report-prediction/1352762002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo posted this information about the Sun Devils future PAC 12 schedule so I guess it can be considered good news.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If Devils can beat the spread I’ll be thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nice evening to watch a football game. I'm hoping for the best.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My prediction: This will be ugly.

I think the ugliness meter would’ve been off the charts if Graham were still here... I could be totally off track, but I just don’t see this team this year, under Herm and Gonzalez and Liken, getting blown out that way.
Washington is way more talented for sure - though, Browning seems to be regressing....
I’d be quite shocked if ASU pulled out a W, even though they have won 11 of the last 12 times these two teams have played.
Washington is still fighting for a potential final four slot... They know if they lose those hopes are gone. Yet, I don’t see a true “ugly” game... More like Washington wins 31 a 14...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington is in must win mode. Key for ASU... keep it close and give yourself a chance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My primary concerns are the Sun Devils have not displayed they are an explosive football team (against a quality opponent) and last week they could not stop the run. It could get ugly as Ouchie says if the Devils have not fixed these problems.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to start the game with a Sun Devil interception.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU scores on 4th down after a scare about a fumble on the previous running play.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ASU with no defense. Looks like last year.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defense gonna have to step it up. Not stopping the run or the pass right now.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Horrible tackling and a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offensive gameplan.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Devils offense is almost as unimaginative as the Cardinals!!! Playing not to lose, usually leads to an ugly loss.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Honestly think they would have lost either way but that 3rd and 6 overturn at the end of the game giving wash a completion and first down was pretty bad. No angle showed both his foot down AND the ball in his hands controlled.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Honestly think they would have lost either way but that 3rd and 6 overturn at the end of the game giving wash a completion and first down was pretty bad. No angle showed both his foot down AND the ball in his hands controlled.
Exactly!!! Total BS call.

It was ruled incomplete & nothing they showed showed made the call “inclusive” to overturn the ruling.

Wow

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Every angle showed him control the ball the entire way, and they just needed one shot of his toe inbounds. Honestly, should’ve been called on the firld

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Don’t the refs have different angles than us, or do they use the same tv cameras that we see?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every angle showed him control the ball the entire way, and they just needed one shot of his toe inbounds. Honestly, should’ve been called on the firld

Yeah I agree. I felt last weeks ref intrusion was far worse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devils offense is almost as unimaginative as the Cardinals!!! Playing not to lose, usually leads to an ugly loss.

I'm glad someone else saw the comparison. I thought about it the whole game. The short passing game is not going to keep defenses honest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson