ASU v Utah

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Well, if we're going to be honest, Herm.has pretty much been the same coach here as he was in his various pro stints - a lot of exciting talk, but not very exciting results.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Get off the field, F’ing embarrassing to watch. What a bunch of gutless pansies in the second half, starting with the coaches.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Other than a brief glimmer under Cooper and then Plummer years this program has just been the biggest joke.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen a whole lot of bad and disheartening losses by ASU over the last 40 years. But the second half of this game? With SO much on the line? To get our asses just handed to us....

It's a special kind of suck.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They mailed it in the second half. With everything that was on the line and they come out and crap the bed like that. All I want to hear from Herm is that he and his coaches got outcoached the second half, and the players got their ass whipped and borderline quit

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have seen a whole lot of bad and disheartening losses by ASU over the last 40 years. But the second half of this game? With SO much on the line? To get our asses just handed to us....

It's a special kind of suck.
100% agree. Can’t explain the utter lack of well basically everything the second half.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand why the team was so lifeless the 2nd half. Utah was playing with passion, ASU was just going through the motions. The ASU sideline looked like a cemetary.

Also looked like we just kept running the same play on about 75 % of the downs in the second half.

Something must be amiss behind the scenes. This team is way more talented than they showed tonight

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand why the team was so lifeless the 2nd half. Utah was playing with passion, ASU was just going through the motions. The ASU sideline looked like a cemetary.

Also looked like we just kept running the same play on about 75 % of the downs in the second half.

Something must be amiss behind the scenes. This team is way more talented than they showed tonight
I think Utah latched onto the emotion of their fallen players and used that in the second half as motivation.

The ASU offense was shut out on second half for second straight game and it seemed whatever adjustment was made played right into Utah’s hand,

The defense finally had a bad half and I think pretty much everything went wrong there. Playing calling sucked. Execution was worse. Tackling was terrible.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the team takes its cue from Daniels and I don’t think much of his leadership. The announcers were lauding him in the first half but he was proud in the second half and I really believe the rest of the team partially fed off that.

You almost wonder if they thought they had it in the bag at halftime

They can still win the South but they let a prime opportunity slip through their fingers and they should be embarrassed.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Daniels is an above average college QB. Mel Kiper had him in his top 5 QB draft list. I think Mel is losing it if he sees that.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Daniels is an above average college QB. Mel Kiper had him in his top 5 QB draft list. I think Mel is losing it if he sees that.
Don’t forget, pretty much everyone has Spencer Rattler as the first QB off the board and now he is benched and will be entering the transfer portal.

This is a weak QB year for the draft.

My question: Is Daniels really an above average college QB? Two of his last four halves he has led his team to 0…as in nada , zip, zilch…points. An above average college QB should be better than that right??

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget, pretty much everyone has Spencer Rattler as the first QB off the board and now he is benched and will be entering the transfer portal.

This is a weak QB year for the draft.

My question: Is Daniels really an above average college QB? Two of his last four halves he has led his team to 0…as in nada , zip, zilch…points. An above average college QB should be better than that right??
I know I am really glad we don't need a QB with this draft class. Nobody impresses.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Utah goes down to Oregon State the week after we get run by Utah. And UCLA which we beat handily gets edged by a field goal by Oregon. We are now tied for the best PAC12 record within the PAC12 South. Classic PAC12.

Hopefully we have Chase Lucas back next week. Utah picked apart our secondary last week. Would also like to see the offense open things up and get back to being the high scoring unit from previous weeks.