ASU v UCLA

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People on the UCLA board I read are saying this will probably be the last nail for Chip Kelly at year end. Everyone thinks the talent is better than the team, with DTR gone after this year and nobody really sure how good any of the backups are there's a feeling Chip had to really kill it this year and even with the LSU win 2 losses already is not good enough. Pretty experienced team so they expect a dropoff next year.

I watched some of it I was impressed with ASU's defense in the 2nd half and the WR that had the 2 long plays those were just back breaker plays caught UCLA in a blitz and made them pay.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People on the UCLA board I read are saying this will probably be the last nail for Chip Kelly at year end. Everyone thinks the talent is better than the team, with DTR gone after this year and nobody really sure how good any of the backups are there's a feeling Chip had to really kill it this year and even with the LSU win 2 losses already is not good enough. Pretty experienced team so they expect a dropoff next year.

I watched some of it I was impressed with ASU's defense in the 2nd half and the WR that had the 2 long plays those were just back breaker plays caught UCLA in a blitz and made them pay.

Why aren't there many fans showing up for the UCLA games?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why aren't there many fans showing up for the UCLA games?
probably covid rules I know they have to be vaccinated. Don't really know. even basketball it's not uncommon to not be full.

I think the Fresno State game sort of deflated the whole season the realization you're not only not the best team in California but Fresno State is better than you I think was a problem for the fans. Pre game on the basketball group lots of crossover posts making fun of how old ASU's coaching staff is "NFL rejects" post game lots of they coached circles around Chip.