ASU v UA

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How could U of A crumbled so badly? They were a strong team throughout the 80s and 90s, and were occasionally national powerhouses. They've been at best average since Tomey left, and now barely exist as cannon fodder. What the hell?

Not sure. Would be intrested in hearing from our Wildcat friends on this and the Sumlin situation.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Makovic era was a recruiting nightmare, but Rich Rodriguez had things moving smoothly if not at a championship level.

Maybe its those poopy uniforms.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona did not play like any other Arizona team I remember.

I thought perhaps they had been unable to practice for health reasons.

Honestly I kept checking the field to make sure the game wasn't being played in Tempe.

The thought occurred to me that perhaps the players knew Kevin Sumlin would soon be gone. That's only a guess though.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Makovic era was a recruiting nightmare, but Rich Rodriguez had things moving smoothly if not at a championship level.

Maybe its those ****** uniforms.

That's funny. I was watching the highlights this morning with my wife and she couldn't stop complaining about those uniforms and the font used on the numbers. She's convinced it affected the Wildcats psychologically.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arizona did not play like any other Arizona team I remember.

I thought perhaps they had been unable to practice for health reasons.

Honestly I kept checking the field to make sure the game wasn't being played in Tempe.

The thought occurred to me that perhaps the players knew Kevin Sumlin would soon be gone. That's only a guess though.

It didn't help that ASU jumped out to an early quick lead that was fueled by all the turnovers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It didn't help that ASU jumped out to an early quick lead that was fueled by all the turnovers.

The turnovers didn't help but I kept waiting for Arizona to come back with a vengeance but they never did.

IMO, something else had to be going on with the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose