ASU v Stanford

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3rd personal foul flag this drive. Stupid.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
But good pick to essentially end it.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ballgame although I am unsatisfied with how the offense has played this half

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Sun Devil running game would be able to grind it out when needed.

Maybe the Stanford defense has something to do with it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Clock wasn't stopped after that first down run by Daniels

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Offense: B-
Offense looked unstoppable for a quarter and a half and took control of the game early. After that they looked out of sync and the play calling seemed flat. Credit must go to Stanford defense for making adjustments and ratcheting up their intensity

Defense: A
All night long the defense made plays to prevent Stanford from scoring. It is a bit unnerving how many times the Cardinal crossed midfield but only managed 10 points. The defense has given up just 10 points in their last 6 quarters. Jones was a standout.

Special Teams: C+
Missed chip shot FG and some poor punts. This is an area that was a concern last night and fortunately it didn’t come back to bite them.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to Herms press conference I thought it was pretty cool that Herm personally worked with the cornerback group this week to take away the fade route from Stanford's tall receivers. I think that really paid off because Stanford was driving quite a bit but couldn't convert. They were getting yards on the slants, but only one score.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to Herms press conference I thought it was pretty cool that Herm personally worked with the cornerback group this week to take away the fade route from Stanford's tall receivers. I think that really paid off because Stanford was driving quite a bit but couldn't convert. They were getting yards on the slants, but only one score.

McKee was uncanny laying that ball into the receiver in tight coverage. If ASU cornerbacks were not up to the task it would have really been a rough night. I still think on Stanford's only touchdown that was pass interference by the receiver. The defensive back was right in his lap. It's tough knowing for sure without additional replay.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro made a couple of comments that were on target. I do think ASU is going to get a number of players drafted by the NFL.

Also ASU's kicking game may hurt them down the road.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave