ASU Recruiting Violations Investigation...

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He and Herm are supposedly pretty close Sinai wonder if this is preemptive, as in something is coming down in regards to herm and he let Daniels know so he could transfer. I don’t know, just ready to clean boys and turn the page on this clown show

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Your president is an idiot and a hypocrite. Had Crow stuck to his values, Ray and Herm would’ve been dunzo long ago

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could mean Paul Tyson is a big part of ASU future at quarterback and they are opening up the position to competition.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Your president is an idiot and a hypocrite. Had Crow stuck to his values, Ray and Herm would’ve been dunzo long ago
Crow is a disaster for revenue sports, and Ray and his pal have done damage that will take years to undo.

The stupidity/lack of benefit in all the allegations is mind blowing.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
What a clown show. On the bright side, Edwards is certainly toast, with Anderson very likely out the door right behind him. I guess we can pray that it takes out Crow, too, but that seems less certain.

What a trio of corrupt and incompetent fools.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This tidbit from Doug Haller's article on the Athletic https://theathletic.com/author/doug-haller/ may partially explain Daniels distraction and poor performance last year, and perhaps the reason for his ultimate departure as well:

"It’s commonly said that coaches treat all players fairly but not every player is treated the same. This was the case with not only Daniels but also the quarterback’s mother. According to several sources, Regina Jackson was given uncommon access to the program, particularly early in Daniels’ career. Some staffers in the past jokingly referred to Jackson as a coach. The dynamic became an issue inside and outside the locker room. One former athletic department staff member said Jackson’s presence around the football facility was unlike anything he had seen in his career.

The worst part: In June, Yahoo! Sports reported on the contents of a package anonymously sent to Arizona State that detailed alleged recruiting violations. Included in the package were screenshots of emails that showed Jackson allegedly assisting in booking more than $1,100 worth of flights for recruits and others. In the Yahoo! report, Jackson denied involvement, but Daniels last season had to play with this information out in public. Perhaps not so coincidentally, Jackson wasn’t seen around the program as much.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This tidbit from Doug Haller's article on the Athletic https://theathletic.com/author/doug-haller/ may partially explain Daniels distraction and poor performance last year, and perhaps the reason for his ultimate departure as well:
If that is true, the NCAA might come down harder on ASU than I first thought. There is probably other illegal stuff Herm and his staff did then. I can't see Herm and Anderson being employed much longer.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that is true, the NCAA might come down harder on ASU than I first thought. There is probably other illegal stuff Herm and his staff did then. I can't see Herm and Anderson being employed much longer.

Would be nice if the NCAA wrapped things up. People are bitching at ASU for not tossing everyone out all at once, but the pattern seems to to do this in stages based upon indications from the NCAA findings as they are shared with the ASU administration. Slow painful drips, but that ensures they have "cause" for sending these folks down the road.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if the NCAA wrapped things up. People are bitching at ASU for not tossing everyone out all at once, but the pattern seems to to do this in stages based upon indications from the NCAA findings as they are shared with the ASU administration. Slow painful drips, but that ensures they have "cause" for sending these folks down the road.

I agree. It looks like the dismissals are based on findings and should prevent lawsuits later.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Addition by subtraction. Hope he transfers and gets better.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yes, I would definitely trade our football situation for yours right now....

Unlike Hurley, Fisch needs to take advantage of his in-state rival’s current predicament amid NCAA investigation. So far so good on the recruiting trail… Only question is can he coach…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA