ASU NFL Prospects

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For the Cardinals, I definitely want Bradford in the 3rd round, although an argument for the 2nd round can be made if he has a great combine.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the Cardinals, I definitely want Bradford in the 3rd round, although an argument for the 2nd round can be made if he has a great combine.

I have a feeling he is going to turn some heads at the combine. He can do some amazing things.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Bradford is the most "NFL" quality of them all... and IMHO, the only one who, 3-5 years from now might still be contributing at the NFL level.
I honestly don't see Sutton, Grice, Darby and any others sticking...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bradford is the most "NFL" quality of them all... and IMHO, the only one who, 3-5 years from now might still be contributing at the NFL level.
I honestly don't see Sutton, Grice, Darby and any others sticking...

I think Sutton will be a good 3-tech guy if he can keep his weight and stamina under control. However, he does not fit a need for the Cards unless he drops to, say, the 5th round.

Bradford is the only asu prospect I'm interested in.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sutton will be awful in the metrics, and will dazzle in one-on-ones. He's already done so. His leverage, speed, pursuit and technique has already had scouts furiously scribbling. He's an enigma, but one that will stick because the team that drafts him will find a place for him to make plays. He's too short to be a zero, but he's fine at 3.

The guy I'm hearing about that surprises me is Evan Finkenberg. He is all technique, but it sounds like he's going to find a team late in the draft.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sutton will be awful in the metrics, and will dazzle in one-on-ones. He's already done so. His leverage, speed, pursuit and technique has already had scouts furiously scribbling. He's an enigma, but one that will stick because the team that drafts him will find a place for him to make plays. He's too short to be a zero, but he's fine at 3.

The guy I'm hearing about that surprises me is Evan Finkenberg. He is all technique, but it sounds like he's going to find a team late in the draft.

Where do you think Bradford will go in the draft?

I have seen Grice ranked up there on some sites, but that injury seems like it would be a concern in selling himself at this stage.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you think Bradford will go in the draft?

I have seen Grice ranked up there on some sites, but that injury seems like it would be a concern in selling himself at this stage.

I didn't think Grice was an NFL prospect even before his injury, so I don't expect him to be drafted now. He's too slow. I can see him making a roster when he's healthy, but I don't see him getting drafted. He'll have a hard time staying on a roster because third-string running backs typically contribute to special teams.

I have no idea where Bradford will go. If this were 1990, the Giants and the Chiefs would be salivating over him in the first round. He's a 9 tech pass rusher with possible elite ability. Most teams don't utilize the 9 tech on most downs anymore, so the question becomes what teams think of his ability to play a more versatile position. I think that hurts him. I still think his ability to get to the QB is highly desired. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Cowboys or another team that likes small linebackers in the 2nd round, but I would anticipate 3rd round for him.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't think Grice was an NFL prospect even before his injury, so I don't expect him to be drafted now. He's too slow. I can see him making a roster when he's healthy, but I don't see him getting drafted. He'll have a hard time staying on a roster because third-string running backs typically contribute to special teams.

I have no idea where Bradford will go. If this were 1990, the Giants and the Chiefs would be salivating over him in the first round. He's a 9 tech pass rusher with possible elite ability. Most teams don't utilize the 9 tech on most downs anymore, so the question becomes what teams think of his ability to play a more versatile position. I think that hurts him. I still think his ability to get to the QB is highly desired. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Cowboys or another team that likes small linebackers in the 2nd round, but I would anticipate 3rd round for him.

If Grice bombs at the combine due to his injury, you may be right. But scanning several scouting sites, they are talking about him going in the 4th or 5th round, and having a lot of potential especially catching passes out of the backfield. Lot of ravin' going on there, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said this 100x at least by now - ASU had one player (Bradford) that would be considered NFL capable/quality... He is the only one who has a shot at being in the NFL 4-5 years from now.
Darby?? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, I was hoping Darby would get a shot. Is there a problem with that? Pssttttt. I am an ASU fan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Grice will get drafted. Come back and remind if he doesn't. He was the Sun Devils running game plus he was a good receiver as well.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well apparently some NFL teams are interested in giving Darby a work out.
http://www.houseofsparky.com/2014/3/12/5500800/nfl-draft-2014-alden-darby-asu-football

Hope they don't read this message board! They may cancel the workouts.

LOL... there is an enormous leap between a "workout" and being in the league 2, 3 or 4 years from now...

Hey, I would love to see Darby, as well as all Sun Devil players, go on and develop into quality NFL players. I just don't see it with this crop however... aside from Bradford of course. But ya never know...

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grice to Chargers, Bradford to Packers, Sutton to Bears.

Seems like each found a good home. Good luck Sun Devils!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Was that where Bradford was expected to go?

Would another year at ASU have helped?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Grice to Chargers, Bradford to Packers, Sutton to Bears.

Seems like each found a good home. Good luck Sun Devils!

I think Darby got scooped up as an UDFA by the Chargers..
So, still maintain my view that Bradford will be the only guy standing from this bunch of ASU players...

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Darby got scooped up as an UDFA by the Chargers..
So, still maintain my view that Bradford will be the only guy standing from this bunch of ASU players...

Are you saying Bradford will be the only one not to get cut? Not sure what you mean by "standing"

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Are you saying Bradford will be the only one not to get cut? Not sure what you mean by "standing"

No... As I said in an earlier post here... Bradford has the only legit shot to still be in the league 2,3 or 4 years from now... Though, if Sutton and/or Darby don't make a roster this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all...

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drafted:
Carl Bradford, Green Bay
Marion Grice, San Diego
Will Sutton, Chicago

Free agents
Chris Coyle, Houston
Robert Nelson, Cleveland
Jarrid Bryant, St Louis
Chris Young, Houston
Evan Finkenberg, Miami
Alden Darby, San Diego
Davon Coleman, Dallas
Gannon Conway, Miami

Found these players listed on another site. I am hoping Irabor shows up somewhere as a free agent, but no sign of that yet which is not encouraging.

I fully expect the drafted players to make and contribute on their respective teams. As for the free agents, they will need a break or two, and perhaps a few answered prayers. :)

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Drafted:
Carl Bradford, Green Bay
Marion Grice, San Diego
Will Sutton, Chicago

Free agents
Chris Coyle, Houston
Robert Nelson, Cleveland
Jarrid Bryant, St Louis
Chris Young, Houston
Evan Finkenberg, Miami
Alden Darby, San Diego
Davon Coleman, Dallas
Gannon Conway, Miami

Found these players listed on another site. I am hoping Irabor shows up somewhere as a free agent, but no sign of that yet which is not encouraging.

I fully expect the drafted players to make and contribute on their respective teams. As for the free agents, they will need a break or two, and perhaps a few answered prayers. :)

I am really surprised Irabor has not signed with a team. I thought he was our fourth or fifth best prospect for the NFL. 5-11, 180 is not great size, but he plays with good technique. I think he is as good or better than Darby, who gambles a ton on defense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave