ASU @ Michigan State: The Spartans Strike Back?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping ASU could stay within a few touchdowns of MSU, no way did I think we could steal one from them for the 2nd year in a row. I love offensive football but this one was still a lot of fun to watch despite the lack of scoring. Wow, just wow.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mich St blew this game far more than ASU taking it. But, you know what? Who FRIGGING cares! :bday: the defense played out of their minds and we WON. It is all that matters.

And Daniels is forever the leader of this team until he leaves. He got all.the cred he will ever need for his teammates to believe in him today.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devils defense is good but they’re not gonna hold Colorado and Oregon and USC etc to 7 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on Oregon for sure. Our DBs are badass, but I am not seeing much pressure on the qb.

Hopefully our offensive production picks up at some point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU was mostly rushing only 3 men on that last Michigan State drive that could have tied the game with a field goal.

I dislike prevent defenses as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mich St blew this game far more than ASU taking it. But, you know what? Who FRIGGING cares! :bday: the defense played out of their minds and we WON. It is all that matters.

And Daniels is forever the leader of this team until he leaves. He got all.the cred he will ever need for his teammates to believe in him today.

That's true and we also caught a referee break on the final play according to Dean Blandino. IMO our defense played brilliantly (perhaps even beyond our ability) and earned us a close loss or tie. But luck enters the picture in almost every game, I'm just thrilled the luck went ASU's way there at the end.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Amen. I think that last drive will be the beginning of the unleashing of Daniels.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The quickness of our dbs was ridiculous. Solid open field tackles all over the place. If they can start playing the ball in flight a bit more, I think that we will see some pick 6s this year.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Colorado doesn't really scare me all that much. It won't be easy but it is a home game for the Devils.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Air Force beat them, we should give them a run for the money

That and I watched the Nebraska game and if the Huskers executed better in the 2nd half they would rolled right over the Buffs. It won't be easy simply because I doubt think any game will be easy for this Devils team.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That and I watched the Nebraska game and if the Huskers executed better in the 2nd half they would rolled right over the Buffs. It won't be easy simply because I doubt think any game will be easy for this Devils team.

Somebody said ASU has had more games decided by a single score or less since the start of last season than any other FBS team.

Never boring.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was a good hard fought win at Michigan St. but this team isn’t rank-worthy at this point.

You may be right but who of the teams receiving votes do you put in their place? Army? I could see that I guess. Kansas State did beat Mississippi State but I don't think that equals beating Sparty.

Others Receiving Votes
  • Kansas State (91) 3-0; Oklahoma State (51) 3-0; Army West Point (50) 2-1; Michigan State (37) 2-1; Memphis (26) 3-0; Wake Forest (14) 3-0; BYU (12) 2-1; Iowa State (7) 1-1; Temple (7) 2-0; Mississippi State (4) 2-1; Appalachian State (2) 2-0; Minnesota (1) 3-0;

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You may be right but who of the teams receiving votes do you put in their place? Army? I could see that I guess. Kansas State did beat Mississippi State but I don't think that equals beating Sparty.

Others Receiving Votes
  • Kansas State (91) 3-0; Oklahoma State (51) 3-0; Army West Point (50) 2-1; Michigan State (37) 2-1; Memphis (26) 3-0; Wake Forest (14) 3-0; BYU (12) 2-1; Iowa State (7) 1-1; Temple (7) 2-0; Mississippi State (4) 2-1; Appalachian State (2) 2-0; Minnesota (1) 3-0;
Huh, not a whole lot to choose from there. Can’t believe MSU still gets any votes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose