ASU Football 2021!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a complete disaster for the program. This might seal it for any success with Herms tenure.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of speculation by the media.

Some say it's possible Herm Edwards didn't know about it. ASU was very tough on COVID enforcement last season.

Possibly a rogue coach? Again it's all speculation.

It happened when the campus was shut down so it's possible recruits could have visited and it wouldn't have been obvious.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like utter disaster. Thought Herm was an ethical dude. Talks a good game I guess.

Obviously I have no idea what went down, if anything. I think Herm is an ethical guy and even though we want to act like the HC knows everything going on in his program, I do think that is unrealistic. I am making no excuses and am discouraged that this might be true.

I think we we're all very excited by the increase in quality of recruits but now we may have to reconcile with how that might have been happening.

At the end of the day though, it is on the HC to run his program

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If what this guy is mentioning is true, it is not good at all for ASU. Herm and the coaches won't be employed for much longer.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A lot of speculation by the media.

Some say it's possible Herm Edwards didn't know about it. ASU was very tough on COVID enforcement last season.

Possibly a rogue coach? Again it's all speculation.

It happened when the campus was shut down so it's possible recruits could have visited and it wouldn't have been obvious.
With it being so apparently awful and explicit herms ignorance is itself a screaming indictment of herm as head of the snake.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If what this guy is mentioning is true, it is not good at all for ASU. Herm and the coaches won't be employed for much longer.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Man that’s a long listen for not a lot of substance. But those guys think ASU is going to blow up. Like everyone up to Anderson all losing their jobs. This sounds like textbook lack of institutional control. Bummed about this because I thought this season would be exciting. Instead I fully expect to see players streaming away from asu.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never was fully on the Herm Train, but not for anything like this. Yikes.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://247sports.com/college/arizo...ce-Sun-Devil-compliance-violations-166637112/

The report is damning. Apparently, Herm is directly implicated so he can't deny. Some staff may have recorded violations in logs in order to protect themselves if ASU got caught. Pierce reportedly forced staff to commit violations.

If ASU is found guilty, this should also be the end for Ray Anderson.

Agree. If Herm Edwards goes then Ray Anderson needs to go as well.

All this must have cooking when ASU hired a new baseball coach.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're innocent until proven guilty. If this is true and Herm Edwards was involved, it would definitely shock me. He has always said the right things and I would never guess he would cheat.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is not exactly what I had in mind when I excitedly started this thread.

If ASU is guilty, they need to be sanctioned and punished, period. I say this as a lifetime ASU fan and alum who drinks maroon and gold koolaid.

Between this and Chris Paul, it's been a helluva week sportswise.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not exactly what I had in mind when I excitedly started this thread.

If ASU is guilty, they need to be sanctioned and punished, period. I say this as a lifetime ASU fan and alum who drinks maroon and gold koolaid.

Between this and Chris Paul, it's been a helluva week sportswise.

This.

Let's not act like ua and their fans did about Sean Miller.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're innocent until proven guilty. If this is true and Herm Edwards was involved, it would definitely shock me. He has always said the right things and I would never guess he would cheat.
If he didn’t know he’s still guilty of allowing a program to go rogue. And given what so many are saying, he’s have to have been deaf and blind to have known none of it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As an Arizona fan I can tell you to wait till the facts come out. When the media smells blood they can single handedly drive a narrative without evidence. That said it’s pretty ironic given how a lot of ASU fans and Phoenix media acted very high and righteous when Miller and Book got busted. Idk why any fan of a college program would throw stones given the entire amateur athletic institution is a glass house. However blatantly breaking protocol during a pandemic is probably worse than paying players given how SEC recruits gets shoe boxes full of cash routinely. I mean why else would highly rated guys from all around the country choose to live in Gainesville or Tuscaloosa for three years.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree that innocent until proven guilty always applies. The truth may come out soon if their are indeed people willing to talk.

I just don't see why kids and their families would risk visiting the campus in the middle of a pandemic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an Arizona fan I can tell you to wait till the facts come out. When the media smells blood they can single handedly drive a narrative without evidence. That said it’s pretty ironic given how a lot of ASU fans and Phoenix media acted very high and righteous when Miller and Book got busted. Idk why any fan of a college program would throw stones given the entire amateur athletic institution is a glass house. However blatantly breaking protocol during a pandemic is probably worse than paying players given how SEC recruits gets shoe boxes full of cash routinely. I mean why else would highly rated guys from all around the country choose to live in Gainesville or Tuscaloosa for three years.

I so wish these NCAA investigations could be done behind the scene because it ruins the season for fans. It's probably not possible but once it is announced and the media gets a hold of it, the luster of the season is gone and guilt is assumed. And then the investigation seems to go on forever. It feels like the school would be better off pleading guilty on all counts so it can move on.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I so wish these NCAA investigations could be done behind the scene because it ruins the season for fans. It's probably not possible but once it is announced and the media gets a hold of it, the luster of the season is gone and guilt is assumed. And then the investigation seems to go on forever. It feels like the school would be better off pleading guilty on all counts so it can move on.
This year was tough following the UofA basketball team since I knew they were not going to play in the tournament. It is still tough since we do not know the final verdict. I am hoping there won't be a tournament ban since they banned themselves this year, but I have a feeling they might get one more year. I just want to know before the season starts. I guess that is what ASU fans will want with the football team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This year was tough following the UofA basketball team since I knew they were not going to play in the tournament. It is still tough since we do not know the final verdict. I am hoping there won't be a tournament ban since they banned themselves this year, but I have a feeling they might get one more year. I just want to know before the season starts. I guess that is what ASU fans will want with the football team.

It's tough for fans of both schools. Maybe the recent Supreme Court ruling will eventually lighten the heavy hand of the NCAA. Sports might be better off served by a business model where those individuals who violate the rules are punished.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a question for the group but I want to make sure that I state that by asking this I am not trying to condone the allegations if they are true.

These allegations have honestly shook my fandom to it's core. My question:

Does anyone believe that ASU is the only school who did these things during the pandemic?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose