ASU Baseball 2023

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hill's departure looking a little uglier now. Especially with him leaving on the last possible day...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hill's departure looking a little uglier now. Especially with him leaving on the last possible day...

What does “not in the same category” actually mean?

Unless he wasn’t a good teammate/bad clubhouse guy I am not sure I understand how ASU is better off without Luke Hill.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The thing is very odd. ASU basically stole him from LSU. Hill was hanging out in Omaha wearing LSU gear before entering the portal. He enters portal and the automatic assumption is he is going to LSU and his claim was he wanted to play close to home so his family can watch and yet reports out are that he is going to Ole Miss. I am sure that is closer to home (Baton Rouge kid I believe) but it’s kind of WTAF?

This issue is $$$. ASU has horrible NIL money opportunities and that is really the issue and probably the driving reason Hill left ASU

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More from Willie Bloomquist.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More from Willie Bloomquist.

100% accurate.

Speaking just about baseball at this point…I think Willie has to try and and drum up his own baseball collective money. I realize that may be more work than he signed on for but it is the reality.

He is a former MLB player. Get out there and start working the phones with all the former ASU players who have made money playing pro ball and try to generate even a small amount of NIL support.

The current system is a complete mess and there is no sign of things getting any better anytime soon

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% accurate.

Speaking just about baseball at this point…I think Willie has to try and and drum up his own baseball collective money. I realize that may be more work than he signed on for but it is the reality.

He is a former MLB player. Get out there and start working the phones with all the former ASU players who have made money playing pro ball and try to generate even a small amount of NIL support.

The current system is a complete mess and there is no sign of things getting any better anytime soon

I think a lot of what Bloomquist had to say involved Luke Hill waiting until the last day to transfer through the portal window.

Obviously, it left the team shorthanded.

At a certain point in time, Bloomquist may have to evaluate if he is recruiting the type players he can keep.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot of what Bloomquist had to say involved Luke Hill waiting until the last day to transfer through the portal window.

Obviously, it left the team shorthanded.

At a certain point in time, Bloomquist may have to evaluate if he is recruiting the type players he can keep.

I am guessing Hill was reassuring Willie the whole time he was staying until Ole Miss ponied up.

Sucks but Willie learned a valuable lesson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU gets a transfer, LHP Sean Fitzpatrick from Arkansas.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA