ASU @ Arizona - how to watch if you don't have Pac 12 Network

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bingo. Anyone pinning this 100% on Arizona is delusional and forgot what happenhe d yesterday morning.

The time may have arrived for paying college players in basketball. However, I don't think minor leagues are far behind. Colleges may have to accept, as this evolves, competing with less than the top tier players.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The time may have arrived for paying college players in basketball. However, I don't think minor leagues are far behind. Colleges may have to accept, as this evolves, competing with less than the top tier players.
NBA is already expanding its G league and considering abolishing the OAD
rule. This likely hastens the process

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA is already expanding its G league and considering abolishing the OAD
rule. This likely hastens the process

This is where it is headed and perhaps for the good of the colleges. Maybe it will become more about the purity of competition. However, when it happens, I will miss seeing the top players compete for college teams.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what’s forfeiting wins going to do but give empty gratification? This is the most overrated practice in sports. Not like you can photoshop Pitino out of the 2013 NC and demand fans give back their apparel. Your team still lost and if it turns out a guy like Lawrence and Martin were paid, it becomes irrelevant.

Mine is a narrower point. Ayton was the difference maker against ASU, it was obvious. Your team only won through blatent and unlawful cheating, period.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let's not excuse the corrupt and disgusting fraud by the University of Arizona.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not excuse the corrupt and disgusting fraud by the University of Arizona.

Of course not but they are not alone. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture.

However, let's not forget, a lot of innocent fans are going to get hurt.

As the investigation unfolds, hopefully justice will prevail but college basketball may never be the same which may be for the good.

TJ

Reaction score
Mine is a narrower point. Ayton was the difference maker against ASU, it was obvious. Your team only won through blatent and unlawful cheating, period.
And what’s to say that the alternative game plan doesn’t involve Ristic exploiting your lack of size or Trier dropping 35? Ayton obviously was a difference maker, but let’s not pretend that Arizona couldn’t sweep ASU without Ayton.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what’s to say that the alternative game plan doesn’t involve Ristic exploiting your lack of size or Trier dropping 35? Ayton obviously was a difference maker, but let’s not pretend that Arizona couldn’t sweep ASU without Ayton.

And how much were those guys paid? Your coach is running a professional basketball team not a college one

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it unreasonable to think UofA may have to forfeit some games if players were paid?

Who wants to win a game by forfeiture but I can see it happening if the accusations prove true.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You are advocating in favor of a criminal enterprise, aka the University of Arizona basketball team, and lecturing me on perspective? Wow
Two simple points:

1. The University nor the athletic department have not nor will ever be brought up on criminal charges. Individuals who work/worked for it might but that's obviously different which even a 3rd grader should understand.

2. It's pretty well known quality NCAA players get paid and have for decades. Does that make every university a criminal enterprise?

TJ

Reaction score
Is it unreasonable to think UofA may have to forfeit some games if players were paid?

Who wants to win a game by forfeiture but I can see it happening if the accusations prove true.
Arizona will have to forfeit games. Pretty confident in that. Remember: The other team doesn’t get a win in a vacated game; the win just disappears.

TJ

Reaction score
And how much were those guys paid? Your coach is running a professional basketball team not a college one
Worth noting that ASU has a pledge from Player-8 in the original complaint.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Worth noting that ASU has a pledge from Player-8 in the original complaint.
Yeah I don’t think it’s wise for a fan of any program to be throwing stones right now. Going to be a lot of programs caught up in this.