ASU AD Ray Anderson 2018 - 3 year extension; 2022 - ??

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think.

Hurley was a good hire but the hire of Tracy Smith is looking a bit shaky. Also there are huge question marks surrounding the Herm Edwards hire.

Reaction score
Ray has done some good things and some not good things. . .

But I feel, ASU needs some stability in that position more than anything else right now. However, make no mistake about it, if the Herm Edwards hire blows up in his face, Ray will need to go!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ray has done some good things and some not good things. . .

But I feel, ASU needs some stability in that position more than anything else right now. However, make no mistake about it, if the Herm Edwards hire blows up in his face, Ray will need to go!
I don’t get the “stability” argument I see thrown around so frequently these days. Either you produce or you don’t. If you don’t, keeping you around isn’t going to magically make things better. So far he gets a positive for Hurley, a negative until proven differently for Herm, and a negative for baseball. To me that doesn’t scream extension. It’s not like he was a commodity in demand, was he?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Surprised you all aren’t talking about this as it has gone national.

If true, I can’t see Ray keeping his job, or at least shouldn’t. Knowing a booster had made advances on Hurley’s wife and not do anything about it, along with two other women? Then firing the whistleblower? Yikes.

Last edited:

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Well...Bye, Felicia! College Athletics are so friggin corrupt...it's absolutely insane.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Internet chatter that he’s gonna get fired as soon as today. You’re welcome, sun devils

Thank you sir.

Love that internet chatter. Isn't that what we are doing here? Must be true!!!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Under Contract through 2026. Wow. Probably one of those things where they still have to pay him if they let him go. So they just keep him to save money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is something to think about in regard to NIL and leadership ASU boosters can support.