ASU @ #15 California 7PM Friday on ESPN

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do they pick up that flag?? Elbow up to the head and then he jumps on him after the play is over?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big interception in the endzone by the Devils.

Halftime score tied 7-7.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Hodges catches that open pass or Zendejas hits one or two of those field goals the Devils could have been up at the half.

It's those frustrating things that can happen in a football game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Devils run it down the field for a touchdown.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Nice win - and true to ASU's Jekyll and Hyde week-to-week identity. As I posted earlier, Cal is massively overrated.

We will get a better measure of how the Devils are progressing in two weeks against WSU, as that will correspond to their typical letdown game right after a big win.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eno Benjamin with 3 touchdowns and around 100 yards rushing. Tough running tonight young man.

Jayden Daniels was 14/24 for 174 yards passing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good win.

But before everyone gets too high or calls Cal overrated losing your QB in the first half is tough to overcome for almost all but the elite college teams.l or revered programs. Only the Alabamas, USCs, Georgia’s, Oklahoma’s etc have all American backups to their backups.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good win.

But before everyone gets too high or calls Cal overrated losing your QB in the first half is tough to overcome for almost all but the elite college teams.l or revered programs. Only the Alabamas, USCs, Georgia’s, Oklahoma’s etc have all American backups to their backups.

I feel the same way. Glad they won and glad they didn't gag it away to a backup. This win probably won't age very well. I don't care though. A win is a win. Go Devils

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good win.

Good point, but our D was playing pretty well keeping it a close game and holding Garbers to fairly modest numbers before he went down. You are right though, could definitely been a different outcome without the injury.

With such a young inexperienced team, we really don't know what to expect each week from ASU. But this was a big road win against a ranked team, 2nd one this year, and I will take it.

The schedule ahead looks tough and I am glad we have 2 weeks to prepare for the pirate.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Garbers injury was a fluke but it was a hard hitting smash mouth game. Cal's game is all about physicality.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Eno Benjamin and Herm Edwards for believing in the run game enough to get the win.

I wasn't a believer but Benjamin got 100 of the toughest yards I have ever seen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave