Assuming Joseph Gets an HC Job

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you hearing rumblings he’s gonna get fired? He’s def not doing a very good job at the moment. I remember multiples here saying he would be a great HC option for us even after his utter failure in NY. Lol

I wouldn’t mind him as a DC but doubtful it would or could happen and very much doubt VJ gets another HC opportunity…

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you hearing rumblings he’s gonna get fired? He’s def not doing a very good job at the moment. I remember multiples here saying he would be a great HC option for us even after his utter failure in NY. Lol

I wouldn’t mind him as a DC but doubtful it would or could happen and very much doubt VJ gets another HC opportunity…
Why don’t you think VJ will get another chance?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the Cards would have to make the playoffs and win a game -- all while playing great defense -- for Vance to get a HC job

i think most owners want to hire a guy that is competent AND is an easy sell to the fanbase.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he does get hired we apparently get a 3rd round pick as compensation for losing someone who becomes a HC.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only way VJ gets a head coaching job is if KK gets fired during the midsesason. And I don’t see that happening if we continue to win

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are 27th in points allowed and 22nd in yards allowed. I'm not sure if that is opening many head coaching doors for Vance.

The growing narrative on this board about the defense actually being good is strange.
Lol… yeah. It’s overachieved from the absolute bottom of the barrel I expected, but being average to below average… on a mediocre team… isn’t wetting the whistles of a lot of franchises out there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To answer the question straight up it's a yes. Everyone loves Bowles as a DC.

But I don't think Vance gets a HC job. If anything Bowles is showing everyone why Vance shouldn't get a HC job.

On saying that I think Bowles is getting a raw deal. They have had a bunch of injuries especially on O line but also elsewhere and Brady is obviously playing poorly with his mind elsewhere.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We are 27th in points allowed and 22nd in yards allowed. I'm not sure if that is opening many head coaching doors for Vance.

The growing narrative on this board about the defense actually being good is strange.
Yeah. I think Vance is producing a slightly below average defense with below average personnel as a whole.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What do you think about bringing Bowles back to be DC?

I could see them moving on from Kingsbury, bringing Byron Leftwich in as head coach, and he bringing Bowles with him as DC.

Yes, my middle name is Nostradamus.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s shown enough to deserve one. And I don’t hate him like some others do around here.
I'll give him props for keeping us in games this season (except KC) when the offense couldn't do ****, considering what Keim gave him to work with. Overall though, I think his system is too complicated to learn. It would literally take us winning the SB for him to get another HC job imo & that ain't a happenin lol.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His defense is much better than using stats. I know sounds crazy but. We held Seattle down. We held the Eagles down. We have made big splash plays against the Saints and Raiders. I think our defense with everyone healthy is very good. Take away the KC game and really the prevent we played on the saints. We have done very well. He seems to do a very good job on adjusting. Saints had like 200 yards in a qtr and the. Had like 80 for 2 qtrs till the 4th. Eagles scored 3 points in 2nd half. Seattle was held down and we just turned the ball over at bad times.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nearly all the bad is down to game one. The yardage, the points, the TDs, pressures, sacks etc all far higher in game 1 than since.

It's ok to look at the stats and say "Actually, from week 2 onwards it's been pretty good". Two of our 3 wins have been defensive wins. 28 of the 156 points scores have been defensive or special teams.

In 7 games we have restricted opponents to 23 or less 5 times. 4 of them 20 or less.