ASFN has a new owner.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Psssst: Try Tapatalk out. Its the best.

I'm paranoid.... and I find it annoying that on posts from people who use it that there's a tag line in every post that says something like... "Posted using Tapatalk" or some such...

ps, I find you annoying anyway... ha ha :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm paranoid.... and I find it annoying that on posts from people who use it that there's a tag line in every post that says something like... "Posted using Tapatalk" or some such...

ps, I find you annoying anyway... ha ha :)

You can remove the tagline. I like it to be there so it tells you I am posting from a phone and thats why there are typos or very short answers to things. Its the best phone app I have ever downloaded hands down.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can remove the tagline. I like it to be there so it tells you I am posting from a phone and thats why there are typos or very short answers to things. Its the best phone app I have ever downloaded hands down.

I'll give it a try, but I'm still wondering how the forum format changed completely and why I'm getting ads when I've used the same system for years without that problem. The car ad is embedded like a signature and you can't get rid of it. There's no way to close it. I get that it's another way for 'the man' to intrude into our lives but that's a discussion for another forum.

Thanks for being helpful!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a try, but I'm still wondering how the forum format changed completely and why I'm getting ads when I've used the same system for years without that problem. The car ad is embedded like a signature and you can't get rid of it. There's no way to close it. I get that it's another way for 'the man' to intrude into our lives but that's a discussion for another forum.

Thanks for being helpful!!

are you logged in when on chrome? Prior to logging in there will definately be ads.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you logged in when on chrome? Prior to logging in there will definitely be ads.

Yeah, I'm logged in. They're not the kind of ads that appear on a web page. I'll send a screenshot from my phone shortly....

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-21-08-16-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-21-08-16-57.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 106

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so after all this, I logged out of the site and then logged back in. Seems to have fixed it...:shrug:

However, I'd still like to know how/why the site mobile app changed format.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so after all this, I logged out of the site and then logged back in. Seems to have fixed it...:shrug:

However, I'd still like to know how/why the site mobile app changed format.

The mobile app for Matt sucks much harder to navigate

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tapatalk is terrible in my opinion. The mobile skin is nicer, but I haven't figured out how you can view most recent post in a thread yet.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There is a link at the top that says "New Post". Click that and it will show you the recent threads.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is a link at the top that says "New Post". Click that and it will show you the recent threads.

I am looking for a link that would take you to the first unread post in the thread.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a link that would take you to the first unread post in the thread.

That seems to no longer exist on the desktop. Tapatalk still does it right though. On desktop I try to always click on a previous page so I can find where the new posts begin.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That seems to no longer exist on the desktop. Tapatalk still does it right though. On desktop I try to always click on a previous page so I can find where the new posts begin.

BRR, the links show up on the full site version for me still. It is the blue chevron looking symbol to the immediate left of the thread name, or if you click into the thread there is a "View First Unread" attached to the first post on the left hand side.

I would prefer on the mobile skin, the green arrow instead of bringing you to the last page in the thread, to have that take you to the first unread post. Does anyone actually use the last page of the thread?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BRR, the links show up on the full site version for me still. It is the blue chevron looking symbol to the immediate left of the thread name, or if you click into the thread there is a "View First Unread" attached to the first post on the left hand side.

I would prefer on the mobile skin, the green arrow instead of bringing you to the last page in the thread, to have that take you to the first unread post. Does anyone actually use the last page of the thread?

I had no idea about the go to first new post button. Awesome.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
FYI

May want to extend an invitation to join to members of the main Cards board. It's closing as of June 1/18

forum.azcardinals.com?

Is that because of the change of the federal website liability laws?