Artificial Turf at AZ Stadium? WTF?

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
http://azstarnet.com/sports/blogs/f...cle_7585b370-8b40-11e1-bdb0-001a4bcf887a.html

Horrible, horrible idea. The turf at AZ has been considerd by many 'experts' to be one of the top real grass surfaces in the country for decades...now this...bad call by Byrne IMO. Do you know how hot field turf can get? Like 60 degrees hotter than grass in 90 degree air temp days...does not make sense in an area where the natural turf can be grown so easily. :bang:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Disagree.

You bring in Rich Rod and it's intelligent of Byrne to give him everything he needs to be successful. Byrne has done a good job of that bringing in Casteel and now putting in the turf that allows Rodriguez to play his preference of ball: Fast.

Amazingly ARIZONA is showing more commitment to football then Michigan did just 4 years ago when they brought in RichRod under much more hype. Think about that for a second.

Good for Byrne and Wildcat football. Just don't f with the golden goose (basketball)

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Wow - I hadn't heard about this. Just moved back to Arizona and Tucson, specifically and I'm looking forward to taking my kids to some UA games

Sent via Tapatalk by my BlackBerry Bold 9930

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
He said they did heat studies at other schools in warm cities that had the turf. Said heat isn't an issue anymore. Give me real grass any day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson