Article on AZCardinals: "Beanie Too Fast ...."

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, if Beanie's to fast to the hole and all the guards pulling / timing is out of sync, then call plays that take advantage of his quickness and run iso or lead plays off tackle. Just a thought. why can't we call specific running plays and not run all timing plays? I don't get it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i really think the Beanie ought to eat healthy meals instead --

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIM is notorious for correcting spelling and grammar. If you've been BIM'd it means you've had it corrected by another poster.

That title is barely literate. No biggie...just thought it was funny.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
BIM's head just exploded.

:kablewy:

I didn't read the artical, but is Beanie protesting something? Why is he fasting? Is it because we have a member on the board named Ghandi and also a member called Gee? Ghandi Gee?

ba doom boom, clang...

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After watching the Seahawks game when Beanie is in the game it pretty much tips off the defense that we are trying to run. Unless Kurt calls an audible during the play. Beanie is perfect for draws and trap plays. However he is way behind Hightower for pass blocking and and catching.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
When they say; "Beanie is too fast to the ..."

What they really mean is that he's impatient. Beanie needs to pick up the rhythm and not run into his lineman. Part of being a good RB in the NFL is being patient enough to wait for the lanes to open up. It's all about concentration and when he starts getting it, he'll stop the fumbling as well.

Yet another side effect of missing basically all of training camp and preseason, regardless of what Beanie said.

I think he'll get it, just going to take some time.

Go Cards!

PitchShifter

The other Big Red
Reaction score

What they really mean is that he's impatient. Beanie needs to pick up the rhythm and not run into his lineman.

It's gotta be hard to get into any kind of flow when you're only in for a single play here and there, though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What they really mean is that he's impatient. Beanie needs to pick up the rhythm and not run into his lineman. Part of being a good RB in the NFL is being patient enough to wait for the lanes to open up. It's all about concentration and when he starts getting it, he'll stop the fumbling as well.

Yet another side effect of missing basically all of training camp and preseason, regardless of what Beanie said.

I think he'll get it, just going to take some time.

Go Cards!

The easiest way that he could be a little patient is to take one step back. Yes, it will delay Kurt's already enormously long hand off even longer, but it will give Beanie a bit more time to read the plays, see the (nonexistant) blocks. We also need to run playaction more period, but even moreso with Beanie in the game to give him a chance to pass block and go out into the flat.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Beanie,Beanie, where fore art thou, Beanie? Where's my 1300 yards, Beanaroonie? You are killing me!!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Forget that, I dont want to slow the guy down. Next offseason we just need to get faster gaurds and a faster QB. Just joking.....Kind of.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Well, these timing issues are exactly what they mean when they say he still needs more practice and are exactly why he isn't getting the bulk of the carries yet. Its gonna take some time for him to get the flow of our offense into muscle memory, think of who he was taking snaps from before he came to Az, it was Terrelle Pryor, who is quite fleet of foot, and otherworldy compared to Kurt.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Whis is really implying with this article...

Wells has all of the talent to be a great RB. However he is from "The" Ohio State University and players from there are... how do I put this kindly.... Slower to pick things up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Bah, until he actually gets the chance to, oh, be put in the game plan and, oh, I don't know, given more than 1 or 2 plays at a crack, he won't do much. Yes, his fumbleitis will hurt his cause, but it is painfully clear that he could really help our running game if we can get him comfortable in the offense. To me, that means ACTUALLY USING HIM WELL!!! Argh.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Whis is really implying with this article...

Wells has all of the talent to be a great RB. However he is from "The" Ohio State University and players from there are... how do I put this kindly.... Slower to pick things up.

I didn't get that implication at all. :shrug: It is very likely, or even supposed to be behind with things like timing missing OTAs due to contract and training camp/preseason with injury. I don't know how he was supposed to build this type of timing with KW he hasn't had the opportunity.

RB's need to have timing with the QB, just as WR's do.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get that implication at all. :shrug: It is very likely, or even supposed to be behind with things like timing missing OTAs due to contract and training camp/preseason with injury. I don't know how he was supposed to build this type of timing with KW he hasn't had the opportunity.

RB's need to have timing with the QB, just as WR's do.

It's my weekly bash of OSU. Way to go and spoil it.

:trout:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Wells getting more carries then Hightower as the season goes along is starting to come true it seems.

Before the bye week Hightower had double the amount of carries as Wells. Since the bye as Wells learns more, Hightower has 19 carries and Wells has 19carries. Not to mention they are starting to use Wells in more and more 3 wide sets, gimmics(wildcat), and even threw him the ball, we are without a doubt going to see more and more Wells as the season goes along. Think about it, if we do go to the playoffs and Wells hits his stride he will still be reletively fresh compared to other teams RB's. Sort of the same thing that happened with Edge last year.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
It's all nuance and he will be fine. Just need the game reps. I am expecting a breakout any day now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave