Arsene Wenger believes all of Europe 'wants to destroy the Premier League'

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arsène Wenger has warned that Europe dreams of destroying the Premier League and revealed his shock at how the English clubs, including Arsenal, were drawn into the disastrous Super League plan. “It was born dead,” said Wenger. “From the start, I couldn't believe it would work. The most surprising in all that was the English behaviour. Everybody dreams of destroying the Premier League in Europe. In England we do it ourselves. “I can’t understand the rationality behind that because England voted for Brexit and now they want to bring a super league. The English has the strongest league. The Super League would destroy, 100 per cent, the Premier League.” Wenger, who is widely regarded as Arsenal’s greatest manager, worked under Stan Kroenke’s ownership for the last seven years of his tenure, but has severed connections with the club since leaving in 2018, one year before his contract expired. He believes that the Super League idea was driven by the American ownership influence at clubs like Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal, but is adamant that any new competition can never work without a direct correlation between access and results. “The basic of our sporting culture in Europe is to have access through your performances to top level competition,” he said. “I don't understand how anybody could believe that capping the link between the domestic league and access to the top league would pass and would be accepted by the fans, by people who love football.

Continue reading...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson