Jonathan Majors: Found guilty of assault and harassment

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… dropping him 3 weeks after this all went down makes me think they know more as time’s gone by.

And it likely ain’t good.

Just check the Marvel executive offices for bricks clogging all the toilets and you'll likely have your answer.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, even though the woman recanted her story it appears the state is still pressing through with possible charges. Man, this looks like it will totally tank his career as it was taking off.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former alleged abuse victims (plural) coming forward to bolster the DA’s case against Majors’ violent behavior.

This probably explains everyone and their mother dropping him yesterday.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that more have come forward. There were some rumbling on twitter the day the initial charges came out that made it sound like it wasn't isolated. I was taking them with a gain of salt though until we got more. Looks like they could be legit.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if he is cleared in this situation his image and reputation have taken hits they may not recover from for some time. Roles have been lost, representation has been dropped, he has been uninvited from charity events, and he has had to step aside from the board of the Gotham Film & Media Institute and his work on behalf of the Sidney Poitier Initiative.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jonathan Majors twisted his accuser's arm and shoved her backward into a car, prosecutors now allege in domestic violence case​

New details in the domestic violence allegations against Jonathan Majors were revealed by Manhattan prosecutors Tuesday morning.

According to new charging details about the alleged March incident, Majors pulled the victim's middle finger, "causing bruising, swelling, and substantial pain."

Major's accuser also said the "Creed III" and Marvel star grabbed her "right arm, [placed] it behind my body, and use his hands to twist my right forearm and right middle finger, causing substantial pain to my right forearm and right middle finger."

The charging document also alleges Majors hit the victim with his hand on her right ear and caused a cut, and that he pushed her into a car using both of his hands, causing her to fall backward.

Majors has said through his lawyers that he is innocent. One of Majors' lawyers, Priya Chaudhry, refuted the allegations outside of court on Tuesday, Deadline reported.

"We have provided the District Attorney with irrefutable evidence that the woman is lying, including video proof showing nothing happened, especially not where she claimed," she said. "We did this with the explicit promise from the DA that they would not 'fix' their case and change it as we proved the woman is lying."

"This is a witch hunt against Jonathan Majors, driven by baseless claims," Chaudhry continued.

"Instead of dismissing the allegations in the face of the woman's clear lies, the DA has adjusted the charges to match the woman's new lies. To be clear, there are no new charges against Mr. Majors."

More at the link.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Marvel's Jonathan Majors files cross-complaint against his assault accuser. NYPD finds probable cause for arrest, sources say.​

Marvel's Jonathan Majors has filed an NYPD domestic violence complaint against his assault accuser and ex-girlfriend Grace Jabbari, in which he alleges that she attacked him, not the other way around, during a March 25 dispute on a Chinatown street corner.

Majors remains charged in that dispute, with Jabbari alleging the "Creed III" and Marvel's Kang the Conqueror actor broke her finger, twisted her arm, and struck her in the ear, causing it to bleed. Majors has denied the accusations. An August 3 trial date has been set in Jabbari's case against Majors.

But on June 21, the day after his last court date, Majors walked into the Chinatown precinct and gave police his own version of what actually happened that night — alleging that a "drunk and hysterical" Jabbari scratched, slapped, and grabbed at his face, causing pain and bleeding, according to a domestic incident report and sworn affidavit obtained by Insider.

A second NYPD precinct — the one that covers Majors' penthouse address in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood — is also involved in investigating the actor's counter-claims against Jabbari, which Insider wrote about in detail last week.

Both precincts found probable cause to arrest Jabbari, and issued what is called an "incident card," or "I-Card," an electronic document that directs police to take Jabbari into custody, at least for questioning, according to Majors' defense attorney Priya Chaudhry and a law enforcement source.

But Manhattan prosecutors, who are pursuing the case against Majors, were for some reason reluctant to turn the tables on Jabbari, and at the district attorney's office's urging, the "I-Card" was de-activated, the two said.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
She was not arrested. Via Newsweek but keep in mind this is all coming from his lawyer:

"Majors' lawyer, Priya Chaudhry, told Newsweek that Majors met with the NYPD last week "to present them with evidence of what really happened on that night."

"Within hours of viewing the evidence, and conducting their own thorough investigation, the NYPD found probable cause to arrest Grace Jabbari for assaulting Jonathan Majors," Chaudhry added.

According to Business Insider: "Manhattan prosecutors were reluctant to press charges against Jabbari and the Chinatown police station issued her with an "incident card"

All the NYPD would say is "Regarding the incident that occurred on March 25, 2023, the investigation is ongoing. There are no additional arrests at this time."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She was not arrested. Via Newsweek but keep in mind this is all coming from his lawyer:

"Majors' lawyer, Priya Chaudhry, told Newsweek that Majors met with the NYPD last week "to present them with evidence of what really happened on that night."

"Within hours of viewing the evidence, and conducting their own thorough investigation, the NYPD found probable cause to arrest Grace Jabbari for assaulting Jonathan Majors," Chaudhry added.

According to Business Insider: "Manhattan prosecutors were reluctant to press charges against Jabbari and the Chinatown police station issued her with an "incident card"

All the NYPD would say is "Regarding the incident that occurred on March 25, 2023, the investigation is ongoing. There are no additional arrests at this time."

Yeah, and his lawyer is going after the NYPD itself. This case could be huge.

Evidently 6 white officers responded to the scene and immediately they began taking the side of the white woman versus the black man who none of them recognized as a famous actor. They asked her repeatedly what happened to her finger, and she said 19 times that she did not know. The police bodycam footage shows officers coaching her that it may have been injured by Majors. They also questioned how Majors could afford to live in such a nice place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and his lawyer is going after the NYPD itself. This case could be huge.

Evidently 6 white officers responded to the scene and immediately they began taking the side of the white woman versus the black man who none of them recognized as a famous actor. They asked her repeatedly what happened to her finger, and she said 19 times that she did not know. The police bodycam footage shows officers coaching her that it may have been injured by Majors. They also questioned how Majors could afford to live in such a nice place.

You must be registered for see images attach

And they say racism doesn't exist in this country anymore

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
No, the right wears their racism like a badge of honor.
Youre casting a wide net over a large group of people and insinuating they are racist in a forum designated to discuss movies and entertainment.

I want you to know that this is highly offensive and disappointing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
"We have provided the District Attorney with irrefutable evidence that the woman is lying, including video proof showing nothing happened, especially not where she claimed," she said. "We did this with the explicit promise from the DA that they would not 'fix' their case and change it as we proved the woman is lying."

Ok, TMZ, let's see the video!

I am so glad I am not dating anyone. I think in today's world you need to wear a body cam on dates, and use disclaimers for any actions you may want to take. "Is it positively OK if I kiss you?" "May I hold your hand?" Probably need some legal paperwork for them to sign prior to the date.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose