Jonathan Majors: Found guilty of assault and harassment

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured we could use a thread to follow the details of this alleged incident and its repercussions.

Majors' rep says the claims are false and that evidence will prove his innocence.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jonathan Majors' U.S. Army Recruitment Ads Paused After His Arrest: 'Deeply Concerned by the Allegations'​

The U.S. Army has paused new advertising featuring Jonathan Majors after the Creed III actor was arrested for an alleged domestic assault in New York.

The Army's "Be All You Can Be" recruitment campaign features two videos where Majors appears on camera and narrates various military scenes.

"The U.S. Army is aware of the arrest of Jonathan Majors and we are deeply concerned by the allegations surrounding his arrest," Laura DeFrancisco, public affairs chief for the Army Enterprise Marketing Office, said in a statement to People Sunday.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently the girlfriend has completely recanted her allegations?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently the girlfriend has completely recanted her allegations?
Recanting like this happens a lot in abusive relationships. Reports were that there were bruises on neck and a laceration behind her ear.

I don’t know what true or not here, but I do know Marvel is probably crapping in their pants having built this entire phase around him.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recanting like this happens a lot in abusive relationships. Reports were that there were bruises on neck and a laceration behind her ear.

I don’t know what true or what’s not true here, but I do know Marvel is probably crapping in their pants having built this entire phase around him.
Unfortunately unless there's actual video, there's some doubt.

This lady (unrelated case) was going to frame her boyfriend/husband until her friend admitted she had a video to the contrary.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This lady (unrelated case) was going to frame her boyfriend/husband until her friend admitted she had a video to the contrary.

Oh… that’s bad. Jesus.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don’t know what true or not here, but I do know Marvel is probably crapping in their pants having built this entire phase around him.
No doubt but evidently there is video that doesn't corroberate her story. Trust me, if he is guilty he should go down and never work in Hollywood again.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What a mess. If it's false, she is doing unknown amount of harm to other women who actually suffer from this.

Hopefully he's innocent for the sake of Marvel and for her health and the dude is a rising star, but like others have said if he is guilty then let the hammer fall.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What a world we live in. I'm trying to decide which is more indicative of how bad things are; that this woman stoops to doing this or that it was filmed and posted on social media.

The fact that there are children's toys strewn across the floor tells me that there is at least one child being influenced by this outlandish behavior.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a world we live in. I'm trying to decide which is more indicative of how bad things are; that this woman stoops to doing this or that it was filmed and posted on social media.

The fact that there are children's toys strewn across the floor tells me that there is at least one child being influenced by this outlandish behavior.
I think I've told this story before but some time ago I was doing some mentoring of some people going through divorce. A co-mentor woman who worked with several women told me some were going to claim abuse and sexual abuse so that they would get full custody of their kids even though it wasn't true. I should have turned them into the authorities.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think I've told this story before but some time ago I was doing some mentoring of some people going through divorce. A co-mentor woman who worked with several women told me some were going to claim abuse and sexual abuse so that they would get full custody of their kids even though it wasn't true. I should have turned them into the authorities.
Those allegations were hurled at a very good friend of mine. He was limited to supervised visits with his two kids. Eventually it came out his ex was full of ish. He got 75% custody thereafter. But he will never get back that time he missed with them. She was a friend of mine as well. When that all came out it actually caused me pause with that buddy bc she never came across as bat-ish crazy. But she was. I now curse her for having ever influenced, even a bit, the way I viewed my buddy. Thankfully he’s never known.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those allegations were hurled at a very good friend of mine. He was limited to supervised visits with his two kids. Eventually it came out his ex was full of ish. He got 75% custody thereafter. But he will never get back that time he missed with them. She was a friend of mine as well. When that all came out it actually caused me pause with that buddy bc she never came across as bat-ish crazy. But she was. I now curse her for having ever influenced, even a bit, the way I viewed my buddy. Thankfully he’s never known.
Unfortunately, it's very common. But believe women unequivocally 100%, righht?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's very common. But believe women unequivocally 100%, righht?
Unfortunately, this attitude severely harms women who are the victims of violence. I know you aren't advocating for it, but this kind of attitude makes it harder for battered women to get help. It is not nearly as common as you think. Yes, it happens, and it is a horrible, vicious situation when it does, but it is relatively rare (I'm a social worker). You do bring up a good point with the 100% belief thing. I like to say rather to give the benefit of the doubt. Get the woman to a safe place first, then analyze the facts. Thankfully I'm not in law enforcement so I don't have to deal with forced arrests, etc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That crap happens more often than people think sadly.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That crap happens more often than people think sadly.

And it happens infinitely less than girls/women staying silent about abuse (including sexual) actually happening to them in fear of retaliation, difficulty to prove, humiliation, etc.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score