Arrested Development

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just finished the season.

really disappointed with how it wrapped up. I kept waiting for all of the story lines to collide in a beautifully orchistrated moment of hilarity but many of them had been left off so long ago (because of the character-episode format) and nothing was really resolved. I understand having A (singular) cliffhanger but to go an entire season and leave every single story line, in a story arc with tons of them, unresolved? Seems pretentious on the part of the writers to have their fans wait this long for the series to return only to make them hope it gets pick up yet again for anything to actually be concluded.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished the season.

really disappointed with how it wrapped up. I kept waiting for all of the story lines to collide in a beautifully orchistrated moment of hilarity but many of them had been left off so long ago (because of the character-episode format) and nothing was really resolved. I understand having A (singular) cliffhanger but to go an entire season and leave every single story line, in a story arc with tons of them, unresolved? Seems pretentious on the part of the writers to have their fans wait this long for the series to return only to make them hope it gets pick up yet again for anything to actually be concluded.

Isn't this the prelude to the movie, which is also produced by Netflix?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Netflix and have streamed thru Season one and a few into season 2.

I'ts kind of amusing but no where near close to "Married with Children" in terms of laughs.

What do I not get? Why is this so popular?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Netflix and have streamed thru Season one and a few into season 2.

I'ts kind of amusing but no where near close to "Married with Children" in terms of laughs.

What do I not get? Why is this so popular?

married with children?? Married with CHILDREN?

SMH

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
married with children?? Married with CHILDREN?

SMH

Best show in the history of TV!. Good thing for you Dogg that I don't mod this forum as that is blasphemy! :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched tobiases episode last night, funniest so far of course, he is easily one of the better charectors (SP).

ANUSTART!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 5 is coming! :clapping:

It’s official: “Arrested Development” is coming back for Season 5 at Netflix, Variety has learned.

The streaming service has greenlit a much-anticipated fifth season of the family comedy, which is set to launch in 2018. Original creator Mitchell Hurwitz is back, along with the entire series regular cast, including Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Jeffrey Tambor, Jessica Walter, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Portia de Rossi, David Cross and Alia Shawkat.

“In talks with Netflix we all felt that that stories about a narcissistic, erratically behaving family in the building business — and their desperate abuses of power — are really underrepresented on TV these days,” said Hurwitz in a comical statement on Wednesday. “I am so grateful to them and to 20th TV for making this dream of mine come true in bringing the Bluths, George Sr., Lucille and the kids; Michael, Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric, George-Michael, and who am I forgetting, oh Tiffany. Did I say Tiffany? — back to the glorious stream of life.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/arrested-development-season-5-netflix-1202430144/

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only thing I hope for is that they abandon the structure they did in season 4. It made everything feel fractured to me.

Agreed. It had no flow at all that way. Plus, the interactions of all the cast together was missed.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurwitz's quote had me remembering why I love this production. :lol:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The first 3 seasons were about as good as it gets.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The first 3 seasons were about as good as it gets.

Agreed. We binged this last year. The first few season were awesome. Then when they skipped way ahead (I believe the show was brought back), it just wasn't the same.