around mlb 2021

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Colorado Rockies have determined that an alleged racial slur heard in Sunday's game against the Miami Marlins was instead a fan calling out to the team's mascot, according to Steve Staeger of 9News.

Microphones picked up what sounded like a fan yelling the N-word while Marlins outfielder Lewis Brinson, who is Black, was at the plate. The team said in a statement after the game that it was investigating the incident:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Colorado Rockies have determined that an alleged racial slur heard in Sunday's game against the Miami Marlins was instead a fan calling out to the team's mascot, according to Steve Staeger of 9News.

Microphones picked up what sounded like a fan yelling the N-word while Marlins outfielder Lewis Brinson, who is Black, was at the plate. The team said in a statement after the game that it was investigating the incident:
Interesting. It really didn't sound to me like Dinger but maybe. I listened a few times. I would guess a name change is coming.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I meant to check out that game but I only heard about it the day of. I've seen a lot of discussion today since the ratings came in and it was apparently one of the highest rated regular season games in decades. Did anyone watch it? I'm curious if it felt special or was just kind of so-so.

I do like that MLB is experimenting with things like that to engage viewers. As a lapsed fan, I think things like that would help break up the monotony of the regular season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I meant to check out that game but I only heard about it the day of. I've seen a lot of discussion today since the ratings came in and it was apparently one of the highest rated regular season games in decades. Did anyone watch it? I'm curious if it felt special or was just kind of so-so.

I do like that MLB is experimenting with things like that to engage viewers. As a lapsed fan, I think things like that would help break up the monotony of the regular season.
I watched it. I think the stuff leading up too the game was cool. The tie ins to the movie were well done also. Once the game started it was basically a game. Lots of action obviously and a perfect ending.

All in all it was a good move. The reality is engaging people for one game like this won't move the needle enough. Still, I liked it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched it. I think the stuff leading up too the game was cool. The tie ins to the movie were well done also. Once the game started it was basically a game. Lots of action obviously and a perfect ending.

All in all it was a good move. The reality is engaging people for one game like this won't move the needle enough. Still, I liked it.

I think it can move the needle some but not large enough to notice at once. I would think that the White Sox and Yankees both got some new fans and there are probably new fans in Iowa as well. It's not going to move the needle nationally but small things like this can help turn things around if they continue doing them and expanding them over time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose