Arizona State University Sun Devils @ Colorado Buffaloes Gameday thread. 10/29/22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to the post game stuff it appears that TB16 is super analytical and is figuring out that Badger is getting double teamed and X is drawing attention which is leaving our tight ends more open.

So expect to see them getting more targets.

Awesome. I think the Sun Devils have some good tight ends. Bring it on!

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not impressed with Merlin at all. ASUs DBs are mostly pretty solid, but ASU doesn't get a ton of pressure, so it's hard to contain other teams passing games when you get no pressure.
I am not impressed with Merlin at all either. He showed way more promise in his freshman season and has not yet improved since and got outperformed by Darius Butler by a mile. But he does look faster this season compared to the past three seasons where he seemed just run in the Mudd. Remember his INT return in the Utah game last season: running on the sideline with the ball in his hands swing then getting caught from behind & lost the ball?

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not impressed with Merlin at all. ASUs DBs are mostly pretty solid, but ASU doesn't get a ton of pressure, so it's hard to contain other teams passing games when you get no pressure.
ASU's pass rush is so bad that I don't even have words to describe them but "non-exist". We are seriously lacking speed on the edge players. The loss of Eric Gentry was big.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Listening to the post game stuff it appears that TB16 is super analytical and is figuring out that Badger is getting double teamed and X is drawing attention which is leaving our tight ends more open.

So expect to see them getting more targets.
He might have a small body but a big brain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose