Arizona State Basketball 2022-23

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Typical for ASU during the Hurley years. Great start to the year + poor finish. Another whimper of an ending to the season may (should) spell the end of Hurley here. Every season he's been here is Groundhog Day.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Hurley can't win here, nobody can win here.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Hurley can't win here, nobody can win here.
When is the last time we have had HOF level coach here? I think that is what would have to happen. Man it's tough to be an ASU sports fan.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
When is the last time we have had HOF level coach here? I think that is what would have to happen. Man it's tough to be an ASU sports fan.
Ned Wulk, I would say. Maybe Frieder and Sendek were "Hall of Pretty Decent." The rest in my lifetime have been bad to mediocre.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last nights loss was brutal. Horrific shooting in the first half and early second was too much to overcome. Frantic comeback, got SO close with a couple of wide open 3s to take the lead ---which were bricked.

If they don't sweep the Nor Cal schools this week they might not even make the NIT.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had to win that one and they did but I didn’t feel like they looked all that good doing so

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to win that one and they did but I didn’t feel like they looked all that good doing so
It was ugly ball. Last four minutes they finally hit some 3s and played good defense.

They are not doing much on offense. They run this weave around the top of the 3 point line and somebody either drives or they get someone to jack up a 3. When picks and screens are set, they are not crisp, just kind of floating for a second in front of the defender they are supposed to screen.

They need to win the next three and to have a GOOD chance they need to win one of the last three, which is murderers row, and win a game or two in the tournament.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren Washington has been out the past couple of games with COVID, so that has been a big detriment to the team.

But nice to pick up the road sweep last night in another ugly game that was more difficult than it had to be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose