Arizona State Basketball 2020-21

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devils will play Grand Canyon in a home-and-home series over the next two seasons starting December 13th at GCU

From Arizona Sports:

Arizona State and Grand Canyon announced Friday that they will play a home-and-home series over the next two seasons.

The series will start off at GCU on Sunday, Dec. 13, at 4 p.m. The Antelopes will visit Desert Financial Arena in Tempe in December 2021.

“We look forward to starting a series with Grand Canyon at GCU this season,” Hurley said in a statement. “(First-year head coach) Bryce Drew and his family are well known in the college basketball world, and as we welcome him to the Valley, it made sense to have an efficient home-and-home with his program.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/230...l-schedule-1st-home-and-home-series-di-teams/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alonzo Verge Jr. is coming back next season. Remy Martin has yet to make a decision.

From Arizona Sports:

Arizona State guard Alonzo Verge Jr. is returning for his senior season after exploring his options in the NBA Draft.

Verge was named the Pac-12 Sixth Man of the Year averaging 14.6 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game last season.

The announcement was made on the ASU basketball Twitter account accompanied by a highlight video of Verge last season, his first with the team.

https://arizonasports.com/story/232...ge-jr-to-return-to-asu-for-his-senior-season/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bobby Hurley has no desire to downplay high expectations for ASU basketball team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from Jeff Metcalfe of the Arizona Republic:

Because star guards Remy Martin and Alonzo Verge are returning, after initially declaring then withdrawing from the NBA draft, and Hurley is bringing in one of the most anticipated recruiting classes in school history, ASU already is receiving lofty preseason attention, including multiple rankings in the top 15.

"I've got a ton of confidence about what I've been watching (in small group workouts) and I haven't even seen three guys that are going to be in the rotation," Hurley said. "The fact I'm this optimistic right now says a lot. From what I'm seeing, it's given me every indication that it could be my most talented team with the most potential."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...2020-21-basketball-team-limitless/5927898002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point guard transfer Holland Woods could play this season and next season. Woo-hoo, like those guards.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holland Woods will play this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should be exciting. On paper the Sun Devils look to be good.

I wish they had more size but you can't have everything.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State basketball lands in top 20 on 2020-21 preseason AP Poll

https://arizonasports.com/story/244...lands-in-top-20-on-2020-21-preseason-ap-poll/

The Arizona State Sun Devils are the top Pac-12 team in the 2020 preseason Associated Press Poll.

The poll, which was released Wednesday morning, pegs the Sun Devils as the No. 18 team in the country.

A big reason for the ranking is the return of guards Remy Martin and Alonzo Verge. Martin was the Pac-12’s top returning scorer after averaging 19.1 points per game last season and is one of the nation’s most dynamic guards. ASU also brings in highly touted prospects Josh Christopher and Marcus Bagley.

Oregon and UCLA represent the only other Pac-12 teams in the top 25, sitting at No. 20 and No. 22, respectively. The Arizona Wildcats did not make the preseason ranking.

:sparky:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil basketball team will open the season on Wednesday against Rhode Island at 5 p.m Arizona time.

By Kevin Zimmerman, Arizona Sports:

ASU will now play Rhode Island at 5 p.m. Wednesday and either Boston College or Villanova on Thursday. Winners of the two games will face off, as will the losers.

Arizona State arrived in Connecticut around 8 p.m. Monday night before being tested for COVID-19, Hurley said. As of speaking with Doug & Wolf, the team remained in quarantine awaiting those test results.

https://arizonasports.com/story/245...-explains-whirlwind-of-replacing-baylor-game/

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Very fortunate that Baylor had to back out. The Devils clearly weren’t ready for that level of competition.
URI was actually the perfect way to kick off the season as they were competitive and tested ASU, making them dig deep to pull out the W.
Christopher is a pure stud! Bagley looks so effortless and has the body that you know will develop and move Marcus into the elite level.
Remy is Remy... he seems slightly more refined but still made a few stupid plays...
And I still despise Cherry.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very fortunate that Baylor had to back out. The Devils clearly weren’t ready for that level of competition.
URI was actually the perfect way to kick off the season as they were competitive and tested ASU, making them dig deep to pull out the W.
Christopher is a pure stud! Bagley looks so effortless and has the body that you know will develop and move Marcus into the elite level.
Remy is Remy... he seems slightly more refined but still made a few stupid plays...
And I still despise Cherry.

How about those new uniforms. Pretty cool. :cool:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...niforms-rhode-island-game-jerseys/6429863002/

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose