Arizona Rattlers 2011

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't know how many are following the Rattlers but after six weeks, the Rattlers are 6-0 and have the best record in the league. Quarterback Nick Davila has thrown for 36 touchdowns. Nice to see them doing so well.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to the 2011 Arizona Rattlers, National West Division Champs!

"The Rattlers (12-2) clinched the West Division crown with four regular-season games remaining. They also got help from West nemesis Spokane. Spokane's victory over Chicago gives the Rattlers a two-game lead over the Rush in the National Conference.

Arizona will receive a first-round home-field game to start the playoffs. If it holds off Chicago, it will receive home field throughout the playoffs until at least the ArenaBowl."

;) Damn Jacksonville, lose another game would ya? ;)

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Wish they would get more pub from the local media.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Rattlers !!!

Heading to AB24 !!!

(even have one extra ticket...couldn't give it away today)

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
What an ending, remind anybody of anything else? PLAY SOME FREAKING D IN THE ENDZONE!!!!!!!!!!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an ending, remind anybody of anything else? PLAY SOME FREAKING D IN THE ENDZONE!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the final 5 mins, and this is the stupidest sport ever.

It's not who plays better defense, because there is none. It's who is lucky enough to have the ball with less time remaining. 5 mins I watched and there were like 4 touchdowns.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not who plays better defense, because there is none. It's who is lucky enough to have the ball with less time remaining. 5 mins I watched and there were like 4 touchdowns.

It was so frustrating at the end with each team doing onside kicks - hoping to recover the ball or let the other team get it so they could score quickly and give the ball back to you...

When we had the ball with :25 we were thinking they'd win it by running it at least once...kill some time...then score, but no...they scored immediately and gave the ball back with enough time for the Sharks to win it.

Nothing worse than seeing another team getting the trophy in your house.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL. We kept saying "there's too much time on the clock."

It was so frustrating at the end with each team doing onside kicks - hoping to recover the ball or let the other team get it so they could score quickly and give the ball back to you...

When we had the ball with :25 we were thinking they'd win it by running it at least once...kill some time...then score, but no...they scored immediately and gave the ball back with enough time for the Sharks to win it.

Nothing worse than seeing another team getting the trophy in your house.

Yeah. There didn't seem like a whole lot of strategy there. I mean, I know there was, but it just was, well, weird.

I felt bad for all the hardcore fans. :(

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I didn't watch it. I would not have been able to survive it. I am pushing 40 and have to watch out for cardiac arrest.

:)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

I was thinking the exact same thing. The last time I had watched an arena game was when the Rattlers won the title, what, 10 years ago or so?

I had forgotten how stupid the AFL is. Just felt like a mess.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing. The last time I had watched an arena game was when the Rattlers won the title, what, 10 years ago or so?

I had forgotten how stupid the AFL is. Just felt like a mess.

1994 and 1997. ArenaBowls VIII and XI.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last AFL game I watched in it's entirety was Arena Bowl 42. I followed the league pretty closely from 2005-2008 when I used to write an online article covering the Soul. The AFL is for women and children who want to see a lot of scoring. Hell, this years Arena Bowl had a basketball score.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Arena football is not for me, but still Congrats to the Rattles on a great season!