Arizona Partners w/ Fox Sports 910 in Phoenix

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Greg Byrne is a machine. He has set out to make Arizona a brand that everyone recognizes. It starts with reaching out and monopolizing the Phoenix market. Broadcasting the games and broadcasting coach talk in that market will help exponentially.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/View...D=30700&ATCLID=208704761#.UeWwf8cI7IF.twitter

TUCSON – In conjunction with the University of Arizona Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the Arizona IMG Sports Network has announced that Fox Sports 910 will become the new radio home for all Wildcat football and men’s basketball games in the Phoenix market.

“Creating a new partnership with Fox Sports 910, a 24/7 sports station, provides the Arizona IMG Sports Network an even more valuable platform for our partners and fans alike in the Phoenix market,” said Joe Moeller, General Manager of Arizona IMG Sports Marketing. “Arizona fans and future Wildcats alike will not only be able to enjoy our live network broadcasts, they will also be able to hear from our athletic director, coaches and student-athletes nearly every day of the year.”

Additionally, all weekly football and men’s basketball coaches’ shows, featuring Rich Rodriguez and Sean Miller, will also be carried on the Clear Channel station.

"We are thrilled to announce our new partnership with KGME/Clear Channel in the Phoenix market,” said Greg Byrne, Arizona Athletics Director. “We have been focused on continuing to grow our presence in Maricopa County and this is a significant agreement that once again shows the tremendous passion and pride that all University of Arizona fans have throughout our great state. Once again, this is a great reminder that Phoenix is Wildcat Country."

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Ooops. 910 not 901

Mods, please change.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed. Yes Greg Byrne is a superstar.

My fear is that some other high-donating-alumni program will steal him.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Fixed. Yes Greg Byrne is a superstar.

My fear is that some other high-donating-alumni program will steal him.

Same here. IMO, it's all about how fast the football program responds. Byrne is a football guy through and through, but he's doing this mass marketing at a school where basketball has buttered its bread for almost 30 years. I think he'd rather have it the other way around and have football as the focal point of the athletic department. It's why he has been swift and prudent in many of his football decisions; for example, not waiting until the end of 2011 to fire Stoops so he could get a head start and land a guy like RichRod, then renovating the entire stadium. It is also one of the reasons we almost lost Miller a couple of years back to Maryland, because Miller felt hoops was being put on the back burner by Byrne for football matters.

If the football program gets to a Rose Bowl in the next two years, he may stay aboard. If the SEC calls, all bets are off.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Even Greg Byrne knows UA will never "monopolize" the Phoenix market. The goal is splitting Phoenix and continuing to own Tucson.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Even Greg Byrne knows UA will never "monopolize" the Phoenix market. The goal is splitting Phoenix and continuing to own Tucson.

"Monopolize" was not meant literally, obviously. But targeting that market right now while ASU continues to pick up the pieces after the Lisa Love debacle is great timing, IMO, to lure the fence-sitting fans over to the red and blue.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greg Byrne well not be leaving the UofA for at least three years because he has two sons in high school and he will not uproot them while they are in high school. I see him doing something other than AD work when he leaves Arizona.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It means never having to scrape the bottom of the bandwidth barrel to find your team on the radio because of your station's commitment to the pro baseball team.

Must be nice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson