Arizona Diamondbacks @ St. Louis Cardinals. May 27 - May 29, 2021

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to be honest haven't watch dbacks much this yr but i am a fan have been since randy curt louis days....

Why are they soooo trash this yr? Owner roster both?

Hope they turn around in few years

I think it is a bunch of things:

1. Injuries - this team has been hit hard with injuries to a mediocre roster to begin with. Their rotation is gutted right now

2. Minors - there seems to be little in the way of immediate help for all these injuries in the minors...especially pitching.

3. Coaching - I tend to be a little forgiving on the coaching thing but last night with bases loaded, Torey sent Leyba to PH for the pitcher and Leyba was 0 for 16 for the season. I can't tell you who he had too choose from but I find it hard to believe that was it. I wonder about Torey.

4. Defense - I don't know the numbers but from what I have watched it doesn't feel like this team is strong defensively like they typically seemed to be the past few years. When a team has so little room for error to be competitive...just competitive...not making plays is soul crushing

5. Timely Hitting - they just never seem to make timely contact with runners in scoring position. Maybe that is my perception because I don't dive deep into stats like some people but my eyes tell me this is a poor slugging team

6. Bullpen - the hallmark of good teams is a bullpen that comes in and shuts teams down. This bullpen is an adventure every inning.

7. MadBum - this guy is Jekyl and Hyde. I expect inconsistent starts from a 23 year old starter, not from a seasoned veteran like MadBum.

8. GM - I don't know about Hazen. He built this roster, this organization from a talent standpoint and this is where we are at.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it is a bunch of things:

1. Injuries - this team has been hit hard with injuries to a mediocre roster to begin with. Their rotation is gutted right now

2. Minors - there seems to be little in the way of immediate help for all these injuries in the minors...especially pitching.

3. Coaching - I tend to be a little forgiving on the coaching thing but last night with bases loaded, Torey sent Leyba to PH for the pitcher and Leyba was 0 for 16 for the season. I can't tell you who he had too choose from but I find it hard to believe that was it. I wonder about Torey.

4. Defense - I don't know the numbers but from what I have watched it doesn't feel like this team is strong defensively like they typically seemed to be the past few years. When a team has so little room for error to be competitive...just competitive...not making plays is soul crushing

5. Timely Hitting - they just never seem to make timely contact with runners in scoring position. Maybe that is my perception because I don't dive feel into stats like some people but my eyes tell me this is a poor slugging team

6. Bullpen - the hallmark of good teams is a bullpen that comes in and shuts teams down. This bullpen is an adventure every inning.

7. MadBum - this guy is Jekyl and Hyde. I expect inconsistent starts from a 23 year old starter, hit from a seasoned veteran like MadBum.

8. GM - I don't know about Hazen. He built this roster, this organization from a talent standpoint and this is where we are at.
Very good detailed and well commented description thanks

Hope they get better in next few yrs

Hopefully a coaching change etc comes soon....

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks are up 9-2 in the 7th. Will this be our day for win?!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. Just kidding, GO DBACKS!!!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional acorn. Just kidding, GO DBACKS!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose