Doesn't matter. We're not going anywhere with this roster. We have a good farm. Just trade everyone we can for prospects and find a manager who can develop young talent. It has to be better than this.Do we wait till the end of the season to fire Torey? Or just get a head start on thr search?
Going to be honest haven't watch dbacks much this yr but i am a fan have been since randy curt louis days....
Why are they soooo trash this yr? Owner roster both?
Hope they turn around in few years
Very good detailed and well commented description thanksI think it is a bunch of things:
1. Injuries - this team has been hit hard with injuries to a mediocre roster to begin with. Their rotation is gutted right now
2. Minors - there seems to be little in the way of immediate help for all these injuries in the minors...especially pitching.
3. Coaching - I tend to be a little forgiving on the coaching thing but last night with bases loaded, Torey sent Leyba to PH for the pitcher and Leyba was 0 for 16 for the season. I can't tell you who he had too choose from but I find it hard to believe that was it. I wonder about Torey.
4. Defense - I don't know the numbers but from what I have watched it doesn't feel like this team is strong defensively like they typically seemed to be the past few years. When a team has so little room for error to be competitive...just competitive...not making plays is soul crushing
5. Timely Hitting - they just never seem to make timely contact with runners in scoring position. Maybe that is my perception because I don't dive feel into stats like some people but my eyes tell me this is a poor slugging team
6. Bullpen - the hallmark of good teams is a bullpen that comes in and shuts teams down. This bullpen is an adventure every inning.
7. MadBum - this guy is Jekyl and Hyde. I expect inconsistent starts from a 23 year old starter, hit from a seasoned veteran like MadBum.
8. GM - I don't know about Hazen. He built this roster, this organization from a talent standpoint and this is where we are at.