Reaction score
3 game series
Today- Corbin Vs Stratton
Tuesday- Buchholz Vs Bumgarner
Wednesday- Godley Vs Rodriguez

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
^-- +1 on that. DB's are 7-9 vs. S.F., and have a -11 run differential. DBs have gotten some late-inning run support the last few games--an uplifting sign.

Meanwhile, Colorado is in Anaheim and then San Diego for a total of 6 games.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
No 1st inning scoring for the D-backs tonight. Even though they own this pitcher.

Two quick hits ... two runners left on base.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I see that they are not showing the electronic strike zone box on TV tonight in San Francisco.

I wonder what that's about. Have the umpires had enough of fans seeing how inconsistent they are?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Giants with a 2-run HR in the 2nd. Corbin had gone 11 consecutive starts without giving up a HR.

Are the D-backs going to make us wait until the 8th or 9th innings to score a run?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Offense doing what it does best.... ensuring the other team stays in the game. I just can’t believe how consistently HORRENDOUS this team is with runners in scoring position. I mean, they basically suck with men not in scoring position as well, but seriously, with runners on base and in particular second or third, it’s automatic outs...
Meanwhile the Rockies cough up their lead and now trail the Angels 4-2.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Stratton hasn’t won a game since June 17th! But you know how that goes... Hey pitcher, you slumpin? We got the fix for ya... The Dbacks can help any opposing pitcher out of his slump!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Stratton hasn’t won a game since June 17th! But you know how that goes... Hey pitcher, you slumpin? We got the fix for ya... The Dbacks can help any opposing pitcher out of his slump!
Especially since they chased him in the second inning the last time he pitched against us. The D-backs are making him look like Cy Young.

Ahmed cut down a runner at the plate last inning -- the 6th. So It is still 2-0 Giants.

BTW, the electronic strike zone indicator, which has not been used this game, did show a couple of times when they showed a pitch-by-pitch recap of an at-bat. So evidently it is working, but just not being used.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And to boot - Duggar has a whopping 2 homeruns this season... Guess which team has coughed up BOTH of them?? [emoji15]

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This team makes no sense. Hot one game and cold the next, more cold then hot. The pitchers they are batting against aren't aces and yet they make them look it. Is it all mental? How can you go from hot then cold so quickly?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This team makes no sense. Hot one game and cold the next, more cold then hot. The pitchers they are batting against aren't aces and yet they make them look it. Is it all mental? How can you go from hot then cold so quickly?
I maintain that it is Lovullo's mystery lineups from one game to the next, all season long. Despite him saying that he would go with a set lineup Aug/Sep, but not adhering to it.

Here is my point. How can he expect our hitters to be consistent when he is not consistent? He is playing potluck and has developed the bad habit of fibbing to the Press and fans.

Whatever anyone's opinion might be, Lovullo's approach is just not working. He's lucky that the rest of our Division sucks and we cling to 1st place. It is a false security. I am sure that all of us would bet that we will not be in 1st place at the end of the regular season.

Even if he continues to luck out, we'd still expect early elimination from the playoffs.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I posted as the 1st inning ended that the D-backs would wait until the 8th or 9th inning to score a run.

They teased us. Ahmed stranded two runners who walked in the 9th and we lose 2-0.

It was a frustrating game to watch.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amazing how inconsistent this offense is.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Diamondbacks don't want to win the division, apparently.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
LaMahieu with the Grand Salami and COL takes the lead 7-5.
That’s clutch hitting right there...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson