Arizona Diamondbacks @ LA Dodgers Aug 30 - Sept 2, 2018

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't notice Archie's nickname on players weekend. Gas on fire?

Remember be won't be defined by his results.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really dont think this falls all on the closers. The offense has scored 14 runs in the last 7 games. Thats 2 runs a game. Seriously, thats horrible. No closer can win every game with that putrid of offense.

Boxberger was money the last 2 outings, striking out every batter he faced. Yeah he walked 2 batters but TL should have told them to walk Kemp to load the bases. No idea why he put in Archie in against Kemp when just last night, he rocketed a 3 run ******** him. That was the head scratcher of the game.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I really dont think this falls all on the closers. The offense has scored 14 runs in the last 7 games. Thats 2 runs a game. Seriously, thats horrible. No closer can win every game with that putrid of offense.

Boxberger was money the last 2 outings, striking out every batter he faced. Yeah he walked 2 batters but TL should have told them to walk Kemp to load the bases. No idea why he put in Archie in against Kemp when just last night, he rocketed a 3 run ******** him. That was the head scratcher of the game.

Oh yeah, the lineup and the bullpen have sucked. The starters have been lights out.

This was one of the worst regular season Dback weekends I can remember. To blow two in a row at the end of the game after the starters threw incredible and to fall from first to third as a result...

TO THE FREAKIN DODGERS!!!!

This has to be the most maddening Dback team I can remember. So inconsistent.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Sorry but IMO it holds no water to defend the bullpen that way.

Yes, the offense has been horrible but regardless, they scored enough runs and the starters/mid relievers were good enough to win the game.

I have a really hard time cutting the closers any kind of slack. The team did it's job giving them the lead in the late innings and they just keep blowing it game after game.

What if it was 10-9 when we gave it to them and we lost 11-10 would that somehow make it better? The end result is the same, we can't trust our closers.

When you're in a pennant race you cant expect to have a 4-5 run cushion at the end of every game.

The offense is a separate issue and does not excuse terrible late inning pitching.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Sorry but IMO it holds no water to defend the bullpen that way.

Yes, the offense has been horrible but regardless, they scored enough runs and the starters/mid relievers were good enough to win the game.

I have a really hard time cutting the closers any kind of slack. The team did it's job giving them the lead in the late innings and they just keep blowing it game after game.

What if it was 10-9 when we gave it to them and we lost 11-10 would that somehow make it better? The end result is the same, we can't trust our closers.

When you're in a pennant race you cant expect to have a 4-5 run cushion at the end of every game.

The offense is a separate issue and does not excuse terrible late inning pitching.

My view is that our offense not nearly scoring enough runs, AND our pen is worthy of any and all condemnation that comes their way!

Especially Archie... who as a person I like a ton. But we all were well aware what we were getting when Boxberger was signed. Archie is infuriating as you can see the talent. And he plays the part so well... yet, he can’t live up to expectations...

As for our offense... as I’ve said all along, we are who we are. A team that suffers from a lack of top talent.

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
Terrible, I have mixed feelings, I'm a long time D Backs fan but have a son with the Dodgers organization.