Reaction score
3 game series
Today- Ray Vs Keuchel
Saturday- Godley Vs Morton
Sunday- Greinke Vs Verlander

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
No scoring by either team since the 2-2 1st inning and both starting pitchers are gone. It is now the top of the 7th and the D-backs have runners on 2B and 3B with one out.

Peralta, who drove in the two runs, is up, but whiffed this time, after running an 0-2 count to 3-2. And Descalso, pinch hitting, also whiffs. Two runners left in scoring position.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Archie got two out in the 6th and two in the 7th, but leaves with runners on 1B and 3B. Ziegler in, hopefully to leave them stranded. Now, runners on 2B and 3B and Ziegler gets a called 3rd strike on the corner. Still 2-2 going to the top of the 8th.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Jon Jay with a pinch-hit triple, driving in Ahmed who doubled. And Pollock with a bloop single to drive him in. Pollock out at 2B, but the D-backs lead 4-2.

And Ziegler still in to pitch the 8th inning. So far, it's a fun game to watch, but he has runners on 1B and 3B with two outs. 'Good thing Souza made a great diving, rolling catch in RF for the second out.

And the ol' man leaves the runners on base.

Yoshi will probably pitch the bottom of the 9th, but first it's the D-backs top of the inning.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Every time I see Yoshi, I think of Yoshi's Japanese fast food. They're building one in NE Phoenix at Cactus & Cave Creek, so I won't have to drive downtown.

Meanwhile Yoshi gives up a leadoff single. And a walk. So the winning run is at the plate with no one out. Double play. Runner on 3B with 2 outs.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yoshi gets the out and the save.

Th th th th that's all folks! :)

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
In the division:

DBs beat Houston;
Doyers beat St. Louis;
Rockies lose to S.F.

That all compresses the NLW another game. Dbs move up to -3.5 GB and Doyers move to -.5 GB.

It's a nice win with some later-inning run production. But the calf-pen continues to suck, as does the top of the batting order. can they really sustain that kind of production + pitching against Los Astros? That's a tall order.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Godley is horrible. I knew all day he was going to suck. 2 months now hes been in the tank

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Up until the 4th inning, I would say that Godley is the luckiest pitcher in the Major Leagues. A 14-game winner despite his shortcomings.

Today, bases loaded in the 1st and 3rd innings. Over 20 pitches per inning. More balls than strikes. Walked 6 in the first 3 innings. But down by only one 2-1.

It has caught up with him in the 4th inning. D-backs down 5-1 and Godley is gone. It didn't help that Souza botched two balls in RF.

They showed how, while warming up in the bullpen before the game, Godley was not falling off the mound, coming off in fielding position with the help of a skip step. But once the game started, he was wildly falling off the mound again.

Marte with a line drive HR to lead off the 5th and it's 5-2.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Y'know what pisses me off. Three hits in six innings (the latest, a 2-out opposite field hit to RF by Goldy) but most of the lineup continues to stubbornly hit into the shift.

How much intelligence does it take for the rest of the team to be told, "Take what they give us. Hit it to where they ain't. Let's get some rallies going."?

Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. :(

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Uh oh, Torey is going to his adopted son (evidently) to pitch -- Bracho.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Uh oh, Torey is going to his adopted son (evidently) to pitch -- Bracho.
I can't believe that, right after I posted that, he throws a ball wildly to 1B and a run scores. Wow!

We're outta the race. All I want to do is enjoy watching. C'mon, guys. Play like you're in the Major Leagues.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bracho lets in two more, it's 8-2 Astros, and I'm done posting for the night. Buy bye.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Granted,we have sucked recently but they are the World Series Champs for a reason. We are not, not even close. We do not have the horses to win this race, period.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Sitting through the failures of three of our four pitchers tonight, I hope the D-backs will take a good look over the winter as to who can help this club and who can't.

I went back to check pitching stats for the game. I hope they speak for themselves, particularly Godley and Bracho.

I think we all feel that tonight's stats indeed represent what we think of them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: